Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Barbecue Beans is the perfect chilly day recipe! Made with three different beans, molasses, bacon, and kielbasa – it’s pure comfort food!
Every Sunday, without fail, Chris asks me to make chili. He loves being able to watch football and grab a bowl of chili and eat it whenever he likes. My boys are big on chili too. They like me to warm up flour tortillas, spread the insides with melted butter and then roll them up. They dip that into their chili. Try it – it’s pretty spectacular!
As much as I love chili, I get a little tired of making it. So last week, our Sunday chili turned into this Slow Cooker Kielbasa with Barbecue Beans. It has all the components of chili that they love, but with a lot more flavor.
I used three different beans, maple syrup, molasses, and a bunch of other ingredients that you likely have in your pantry for the base. In a moment of weakness, I opted to add in bacon, because, well…bacon.
My favorite part of this dish is the kielbasa. I love kielbasa and I like to keep it on hand for quick breakfast scrambles or easy dinners like this Kielbasa, Peppers, and Potato Hash or this Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet. I added two full ropes of kielbasa cut into chunks to the top of the rest of the ingredients and let me slow cooker do the work for me.
The kielbasa slowly cooks on top and the juices run down into the bean mixture below. Magical. When all is said and done, you’ve got something that looks like this:
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.8 oz Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- ½ lb bacon, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs Kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
- In a large slow cooker, add all of the ingredients except for the kielbasa and stir gently to combine.
- Place the kielbasa on top and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in the kielbasa before serving.
Some of my favorite slow cooker recipes are…
…this Slow Cooker Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. The moistest cake ever!
And these Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies – talk about fudgy!
One of my favorites to come home to – Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce! A favorite with my boys!
A lifesaver at Thanksgiving, Christmas…and Tuesdays! Slow Cooker Citrus and Herb Turkey Breast – you’ll never want to make turkey any other way after you try this!
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.