Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet – your new favorite dinner! This easy skillet recipe comes together in a flash and is made in a single skillet for easy clean-up. Extra cheesy, and just bursting with flavor, it’s a dinner recipe you’ll find yourself making again and again.
Cheesy Kielbasa Rice and Broccoli Skillet
If you can believe it, the boys started swim team practices this week. I’m still in shock. Reece’s indoor soccer league just finished last week and he’s got a few more weeks of basketball still to go. Bryce has his last basketball practice and game this week and then he’ll be all done. But man, our schedule!
I consider getting a meal made and on the table a monumental success each and every night it happens. I rely so much on quick skillet dinners that are a complete meal unto themselves. Today I’m sharing a new favorite, Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet. It’s got the cheese. The rice. The broccoli. And a personal favorite of mine, Polska Kielbasa.
And then once you’ve tried this and you’re hooked on kielbasa, make sure you give my KILEBASA, PEPPERS AND POTATO HASH SKILLET a try – it’s legit.
My family absolutely devoured this easy, cheesy skillet dinner and I know your family will love it too. I’m always a fan of one pot recipes that don’t require a lot of clean up 😉 Feel free to substitute in cauliflower for the broccoli and use whatever cheese you have on hand – it will be delicious no matter what!
Make sure to try out my other Kielbasa recipes:
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Crockpot Chili
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- Lazy Day Lasagna
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Pinwheels
Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 14 ounces Polska Kielbasa sliced on a diagonal
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets – bite size pieces raw
- 2 cups shredded cheese divided ) I used a cheddar blend)
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large, lidded skillet.
- Brown kielbasa in the skillet, 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Saute onion and bell pepper until onion is translucent. Make sure to work the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet – more flavor 🙂
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue stirring for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Without disturbing the rice, add the broccoli to the top of the rice and cover again. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in kielbasa and 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese. Cover with lid and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
If you love easy dinners, check out my book with 100 rotisserie chicken recipes!