These delicious and colorful Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are an easy, no-bake treat that’s delightfully crunchy, wonderfully sweet and perfectly gooey! Easy to make and even easier to eat, these rice krispie treats get a fruity burst of flavor and a pop of color from Fruity Pebbles – a real crowd pleaser!
Can’t get enough rice krispie treats? Same here! Make sure to try these favorites: Lemon Rice Krispie Treats, Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats Pinwheels and S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels!
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are made with just a handful of ingredients, but they pack a big punch of flavor and are just TOO cute. With a satisfying crunch from the Rice Krispies, a fruity burst of flavor from the Fruity Pebbles, these rainbow treats are the perfect balance of sweet and crunchy. And, of course, the marshmallows bring everything together with their signature gooey texture. You can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe!
This treat is perfect for any occasion. Sweet, colorful, and easy-to-make, it’s a colorful and playful treat that’s perfect for kids and adults alike. A terrific addition to birthday parties and holidays, these easy treats are also great for after school snacks, potlucks and parties. With just a handful of simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create a delicious and eye-catching treat that’s as fun to make as it is to eat!
Why We Love This Recipe
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats are a fun and easy recipe that’s perfect for any occasion and they disappear as quick as we can make them! Everyone loves this easy treat because they are:
- No Bake, Easy To Make. Rice Krispies Treats are a beloved classic because they are just so easy to make and you don’t even need to turn on your oven.
- Crunchy. The Fruity Pebbles and Rice Krispies combine for the ultimate crunchy treat that’s hard to resist.
- Gooey and Chewy Deliciousness. The gooey marshmallows bring all the ingredients together into a perfect bite of chewy sweetness.
This classic rice krispie treats recipe has a fun twist with the addition of fruity pebbles cereal, making it a colorful treat that’s perfect for parties, after school snacks or potlucks. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
- Rice Krispies cereal – Can’t make rice krispie treats without rice krispies. This is the ingredient that makes these gooey treats perfectly crispy!
- Fruity Pebbles cereal – This colorful cereal not only adds a pop of color but also brings a delicious fruity flavor to the treats.
- marshmallows – The key ingredient that holds everything together and creates the signature gooey texture of rice krispie treats. You can use any size marshmallow you want but you need 12 ounces.
- butter – Just a touch of butter adds richness and flavor to the recipe.
- salt – The salt helps to balance out the sweetness of the treats as well as enhance the flavors.
How To Make Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- Prep. Line a 9 inch or 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Marshmallow Mixture. Melt the butter in a large, heavy bottomed dutch oven or pot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Add the marshmallows and salt. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth.
- Add Cereal. Remove the pot from heat and gently fold in the cereal until combined with the marshmallow mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and gently press into an even layer using a spatula or hands.
- Set Up. Allow the rice krispie treats to cool completely. Remove the bars from the baking dish and cut into squares. Enjoy!
These rice krispie treats are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Can this recipe be doubled or tripled?
These adorable rice krispie treats are such a crowd pleaser you may want to double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd. Just be sure to use a larger pot and mixing bowl to accommodate the extra ingredients.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a colorful and delicious rice krispie treat that everyone will love! Here are some tips so you get the best results:
- If you don’t have a 9 inch square baking dish, you can use a 9×13 inch instead. The treats will be thinner. Likewise, you can use an 8 inch pan, and the treats will be thicker.
- Make sure to stir the marshmallows constantly while melting them to prevent them from burning.
- Add a few drops of food color to the marshmallow mixture for even more color.
- Gently fold in the cereal to avoid crushing it.
- Lightly spray or grease your knife before cutting the treats. You can also rub some butter on the knife.
- Try different types of cereal in this recipe, such as cocoa pebbles, to create new flavor combinations.
- You can add all sorts of fun mix-ins, like chopped candy bars, dried fruit, or even sprinkles to this recipe – the possibilities are endless!
More No Bake Treats
How To Make Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces miniature marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ½ cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 ½ cups fruity pebbles cereal
- Line a 9 inch or 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy bottomed dutch oven or pot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the marshmallows and salt and stir continuously until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and gently fold in the rice krispies and fruity pebbles until combined with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and gently press into an even layer using a spatula or hands.
- Allow the treats to cool completely. Remove the bars from the baking dish and cut into squares. Enjoy!