These gorgeous Rainbow Cookies are super easy to make and are so much fun!
Great for St. Patrick’s Day, parties, and more!
It’s rainbow mania! Seriously, I can’t get enough of rainbow recipes right now and I’m hoping you feel the same way 🙂 Otherwise, you’re probably like whatevs Trish. Enough with the rainbows already.
Buuut, I’m just going to assume you’re on board here…
These rainbow cookies are pretty much perfect in every way. Pretty. Fun. Easy. Showstoppers. Ya get me?
These rainbow cookies were so fun to make and even more fun to eat. They are kind of mesmerizing to look at actually. I was staring at the pics I took and was totally zoning. Had to snap myself out of it before I got sucked into Rainbow World.
Rainbows are cool all year long but especially around St. Patrick’s Day and Spring time. I mean, seriously! How can you not love rainbows??
You know how the other day I made the Easy Rainbow Pretzel Wands? Well, I had enough for both boys to take to school…then they came home and wanted a snack, and then I wanted a snack, and another…anyways, long story short – we only had enough left for one class so I ended up sending them to school with Bryce, much to Reece’s dismay.
I promised Reece that I would make it up to him. I told him that I had a few more cookie recipes planned and he could take either of them to school. If neither cookie was up to his standards, I would make another batch of Rainbow Wands.
These cookies totally did the trick.
So let’s talk about how easy this rainbow cookie recipe is to make. I started with refrigerated sugar cookie dough and then threw on the colored sugar. Lots of it. I was shy a few colors, so I just made my own. Easy peasy.
Roll up the dough just like you would for cinnamon rolls and then slice and bake. I gave each cookie a little smoosh with my palm to flatten it before baking and then tada! Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies!
If you’re in a jam and need a treat fast – these cookies are totally calling your name! Or maybe you just love rainbows as much as I do and these beauties are the perfect excuse you’ve been looking for 🙂 Time to get baking!
How To Make Rainbow Cookies
Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies
- 16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup flour
- rainbow colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Knead flour and sugar cookie dough together until well combined.
- Generously sprinkle cutting board with additional flour and roll out sugar cookie dough into a rectangle approximately 14 inches x 10 inches, 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle colored sugar in stripes across dough. (Refer to picture.)
- Gently roll into a log. Just like cinnamon rolls.
- Slice dough 1/2 inch thick and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Gently press cookies with the palm of your hand, flattening slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on cooking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Originally published on March 6, 2014. Updated on February 20, 2018.
More rainbow goodness:
For all Easter recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.