These Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats Pinwheels are my new favorite treat and sure to be a hit with the peanut butter lover in your life. Layers of chocolate, marshmallow, peanut butter and peanut butter cups are rolled up into an irresistible dessert! Great for parties!
Let’s be friends! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!
PIN IT NOW!!
PIN IT NOW!!
It’s been way too long since I shared a Reese’s peanut butter cup recipe. If you’ve been following along here at MOTO for any length of time you are probably pretty aware of my deep and abiding love for all things Reese’s. Hence, my firstborn – Reece.
Today I’ve got a play off of the most popular recipe on my site – S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels. I changed up a few things and ended up with a treat that even my super self-controlled hubby couldn’t resist: Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats Pinwheels!
These are really super simple to make. The base of the treats in cocoa krispies, butter, and marshmallows – just like a regular rice krispie treat. It gets pressed into a jelly roll pan that has been lined with parchment paper and generously buttered.
After pressing down the krispie treats, I mixed peanut butter and marshmallow fluff together to form a sticky layer that gets spread of the rice krispie treats with an offset spatula. Finally, I chopped up a bunch of Reese’s peanut butter cups and spread them over the top. Pressing the peanut butter cups lightly into the peanut butter-marshmallow fluff layer ensures they won’t fall off when you roll it up. Roll it all up – just like a cinnamon roll and place in the fridge to chill.
It doesn’t take long, maybe an hour or so, for everything to set up. Slice and enjoy!
These pinwheels are awesome for parties because the recipe makes a bunch.
We are such huge fans of peanut butter and I have yet to meet a peanut butter recipe that I don’t like. It doesn’t even have to be peanut butter straight from the jar. Recipes like this one that use peanut butter in a different form like peanut butter cups, peanut butter cookies, flavored peanut butter, or even whipped powdered, are a fun way to get the taste we love by going #beyondthejar.
I’d like to invite you to take your peanut butter beyond the jar this summer. Snap a pic and post on Twitter or Instagram using #BeyondTheJar and you can win prizes. You can also use the form at peanutbutterlovers.com to enter to win.
Good luck and enjoy!
PIN IT NOW!!
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats Pinwheels
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter plus more for greasing
- 6 cups cocoa krispies cereal
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Reese's peanut butter cups roughly chopped
- Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Butter the paper and set aside.
- Combine marshmallows and one quarter cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until completely blended.
- Stir in cocoa rice krispies.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Place marshmallow creme and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until easily stirred. Spread marshmallow-peanut butter mixture on top or rice krispies layer using an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top and press down lightly.
- Roll up jelly roll style (like a cinnamon roll), starting on the long side. Peel away the paper as you roll. Pinch the seams together.
- Place seam side down and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Slice and serve!
More Reese’s recipes to drool over!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Reese’s Stuffed Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Southern Peanut Growners. Please support the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!
Olga Caddock says
I’d like to know if these are Gluten-free, please?
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I’m really not sure Olga. Peanut butter is, regular Reese’s are, most marshmallows are, not sure about the marshmallow creme or rice kripsies 🙂
Vow, this looks FANTASTIC with the biggest F.
The recipe is super easy. I am going to make it today.
Thank you for the recipe.
تور بلغارستان says
nice and delicious
Kelly Mahan says
I simply love peanut butter cups, so I already know I’m going to love this recipe too. It looks and sounds so delicious! Can’t wait to taste it <3
nice, was drawn to the party serving potential as you describe it and of course the delicious flavors here, thank you for this recipe!
I love this! What a great way to be creative with Rice Krispie treats!
Paige Flamm says
These rice krispies look amazing! I need them in my life!
Hi, Thish! I love your recipe,are so delicious!