This Peppermint Mocha Fudge is so creamy and delicious and brings everyone’s favorite holiday coffee to life! Perfectly decadent, festive and easy too! A gorgeous addition to cookie trays and dessert boards or lovely for gifting to friends!
Peppermint Mocha Fudge Recipe
It’s been a few weeks since I posted a fudge recipe and that, in my opinion, is about a week too long. Especially during the holidays.
During the holiday season, my beverage of choice is a peppermint mocha. If the calories didn’t count, I could easily drink three of these a day. So it’s a good thing this fudge is calorie-free!! #Iwish
I used my favorite marshmallow creme fudge recipe to avoid those pesky candy thermometers. This fudge is quick, easy, and tastes like a million bucks! Or, at least, the best peppermint mocha of your life.
I used dark chocolate for the base because I love love LOVE dark chocolate with peppermint. It’s the best. I added in some instant coffee to get that wonderful mocha flavor. You definitely need to use instant so the granules will dissolve easier and get that coffee flavor throughout the fudge.
I wanted a pretty topping and decided to go with Andes peppermint crunch baking chips. I’m addicted to these. I would say I’ve bought at least 20 bags in the last month of so. #foodbloggerproblems
Once the mocha fudge is poured into the baking dish, I sprinkled on the peppermint crunch baking chips and walked away. I let the chips get nice and soft from the heat of the fudge and then used an offset spatula to gently spread the softened chips over the top of the fudge. Seriously, this MAKES the fudge.
Because you can never have enough peppermint I sprinkled some crushed candy canes on top and I think it lends an air of festivity to the pieces of fudge. So pretty too!
Note that I used vanilla extract NOT peppermint extract for the fudge. Peppermint extract would be TOO much of a good thing for this fudge 🙂
More Fantastic Fudge Recipes
- Hot Cocoa Fudge
- Maple Nut Fudge
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Fudge
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
Peppermint Mocha Fudge
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in instant coffee.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (I use a whisk to get out all the lumps.)
- Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle on peppermint crunch baking chips and let sit for five minutes. Use an offset spatula to gently spread softened peppermint chips.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Have a great day!