If you like peanut butter, you’ve come to the right place. These Peanut Butter Snickers Cookie Bars are bursting with peanut butter flavor. Chewy, nutty, totally delicious.
Have you had a Snickers recently? It had been ages since I had one and then a few weeks ago I did and man, those candy bars are SO good. Like, where have you been all my life good.
I immediately bought a ton of them and so naturally, had to make a recipe.
I had a good excuse too, not that you need an excuse to bake with Snickers, not ever. Today is the swim season kick off party and somehow, someway, those with the last names beginning with R, are responsible for dessert.
It’s like they know me or something, right?
These bars are delightfully chewy, incredibly moist, and just oozing with chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
I used my Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars as a starting-off point and these babies came to life. Good grief are they good! If you like peanut butter, you’e come to the right place.
The actual cookie dough is made with peanut butter mixed right in it so not only are you getting that great peanut crunch and flavor from the actual Snickers candy bars, but you’re getting it in every little nook and cranny of the dough as well. I supplemented the chocolate of the candy bars with a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips because hey, you can never have too much chocolate with peanut butter.
That’s a rule.
You should also never eat chocolate and peanut butter without having a glass of milk nearby. That, is another rule. Of mine anyways 😉
- 1½ sticks unsalted Challenge butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 fun size Snickers bars, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- Whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread ⅔ of the dough on the bottom of the pan. Top with the Snickers.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. It doesn't have to be perfect and it won't cover all the Snickers.
- Bake for 27 to 29 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
Craving even more chocolate or peanut butter?
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.