These Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes with Whipped Ganache Frosting are sure to cure that chocolate craving! These cupcakes are the real deal – and that frosting – pure heaven!
So, as you probably already know, I heart cheesecake. I’ll eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and most definitely for dessert. I’m all about the two-in-one desserts these days and these cupcakes fit the bill.
Last week I made cupcakes with a no-bake cheesecake filling. This week, the cupcake is getting baked with the cheesecake inside.
Recently I was challenged to pick from a list of ingredients and develop a recipe “with a twist”. I took that literally and figuratively 🙂
Once I saw Phildelphia Cream Cheese on the list, I knew I had to pick that. I immediately wanted to make a cheesecake. I was even thinking about doing a spin off of my Reeses Mini Cheesecakes with a ganache glaze, but then I thought, how I about I turn that recipe inside out, putting the cheesecake on the inside?
I’ve never baked a cheesecake directly in a cupcake before. No bake fillings are my friends.
But, it can be done! And guess what? It’s both easy and delicious! If you crave that authentic cheesecake texture, and the more pudding-like, no-bake fillings are just not your thing, these are the cupcakes you want to make.
Also, one other other requirement. You MUST like chocolate. Nay, you must LOVE chocolate. Passionately. These chocolate cupcakes are incredible on their own but then I went and made a whipped ganache frosting, because hey, nothing is too good for cheesecake. And that is where the literal twist comes into play, that gorgeous frosting all twisted up on top of that chocolate cheesecake cupcake.
I know you can’t resist! And can we talk about the frosting for a minute? You guys! This is a train you want to ride! Trust me on this! I mean, are you kidding me? Just serve it to me in that ice cream scoop and I’ll call it good. I piped it onto the cupcakes when it was just shy of room temperature and then it sets up into this gloriousness…
Now that you’ve seen my twist, make sure to visit your local stores “Twist That Dish” Pinterest board for more recipe inspiration! Visit the pinterst board of your local store and check it out!
Alberstsons | Acme Markets | Jewel-Osco | Shaw’s | Star Market | United Supermarket | Market Street
Plus, right now if you visit your stores Facebook page, you can vote on the ingredients you would like to see in a “Twist That Dish” recipe! Aaaand, you get entered to win a $100 gift card when you vote – bonus! For those of us in California, head on over to Albertsons Facebook page now to vote!
And just in case you need more of that whipped ganache frosting…there’s a whole lot of love there my friends.
Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes with Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1 pint
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluff. Mix in the egg, beating until well combined. Beat in the remaining ingredients, scraping down the mixer bowl as necessary. Set the filling to the side.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture alternating with the buttermilk Beat well after each addition.
- Fill liners about 1/3 full. Spoon in one tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture. Top with enough cupcake batter to fill just to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the top of the cupcake springs back when pressed on gently. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting. Note: The top will sink slightly as the cheesecake settles.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate chips. This helps them to melt better.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in the microwave, in a microwave safe container on high, in 30 second increments until cream is just beginning to simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir gently to make sure that all of the chocolate is covered with the hot cream. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently whisk the cream and chocolate together until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth and homogeneous. Let the ganache cool to room temperature (at least two hours).
- Whisk the ganache with a stand mixer for several minutes until frosting meets your desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread onto the cooled cupcakes.
More recipes with cream cheese!
French Vanilla Cheesecake Cupcakes
Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Star Market. The opinions and text are all mine.
Oooh, a cheesecake-stuffed cupcake. Heck to the yeah! These are magnificent. And about ten million times better than just about any cupcake at any bakery!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
“Heck to the yeah!”<< You. Are. Awesome. Thanks Mir!
June Burns says
Those look amazing! I can get behind stuffing cheesecake in cupcakes for sure 🙂
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Woohoo! These really, truly are INCREDIBLE June! You’ll love them!