If you love pineapple OR fudge, you’re going to go crazy for this PERFECT PINEAPPLE FUDGE! It’s my new favorite thing and it’s going to be yours too!
Let me just start by saying that this may be the best fudge I’ve ever made. Like, WOW. Bryce came back for three more pieces after I let him “taste” it during the photo shoot. Fortunately, this recipe makes two full pounds so there’s plenty to go around. That, coupled with the fact that this fudge is so bright and cheerful, is what makes me think this fudge is going to be a hit this holiday season.
When I think of the holiday season I think sweets and treats and everything else good to eat. Particularly fudge.
I almost called this Pineapple Sherbet Fudge because that’s what it tastes like – pineapple sherbet. This is a cooked fudge meaning you aren’t going to make it in the microwave. Trust me, it’s worth it. Cooked fudge results in a true fudge texture and consistency and a taste and flavor that can’t be beat.
I know many of you get scared off when I ask you to use a candy thermometer, but, trust me, YOU can do this. I have used many candy thermometers. over the years but my favorite is this digital candy thermometer here.
You can set your desired temperature and it will beep at you when it gets close so that you’re ready for the next step. Also? I’ve been using it for a couple years and it’s still 100% accurate – just tested it again this morning 🙂 (It’s the thermometer you see my using in the video down below.)
Feel free to cut the pieces as big or small as you like. As with most fudge, this Perfect Pineapple Fudge is quite decadent and sweet. The crushed pineapple adds a beautiful pop of color to this creamy white fudge that I know you’re going to love.
I used Dole Crushed Pineapple for the fudge. You just need one of the small cans, shown here.
You are going to use the whole can, no draining needed. I am a huge fan of Dole products and keep a variety of their products on hand at all times – especially during the holidays! Dole products are made with the highest quality, non-GMO fruits and vegetables and packaged with care. And boy do they taste good! I rely on Dole to feed my family healthy, wholesome fruits and veggies year-round, regardless of the season.
This holiday season, treat your friends and family to this tasty Perfect Pineapple Fudge and get ready for the compliments to ROLL IN!
Perfect Pineapple Fudge
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick foil. Lightly butter.
- In a heavy bottomed 3 quart saucepan, combine sugar, half and half, corn syrup, pineapple, and butter.
- Bring contents to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the contents reach 236°F or soft ball stage (234°F - 240°F). I use this digital candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in extract.
- Stir for 3 minutes until the candy starts to thicken slightly.
- Stir in chips until fully melted and combined.
- Stir in marshmallow creme.
- Pour into the prepared pan and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until fudge is completely set, at least 2 hours.
- Cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container. For firmer fudge, refrigerate.
More delicious pineapple recipes!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Dole has provided me with the products used within this project. I was compensated for this blog post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!