Homemade Apple Bread with a lovely cinnamon swirl is the perfect fall treat! This easy apple bread recipe is moist, sweet and simply loaded with apples and the flavors of fall. Make enough to share with friends and family or keep the whole cozy loaf for yourself!
Homemade bread is the best! Make sure to try my Banana Bread and Cinnamon Bread too!
This bread is hands down one of the most irresistible fall recipes in my kitchen. It may stay fresh for up to five days but it certainly won’t last that long. There’s something about warm apples and cinnamon that are so comforting and really make it feel like the fall season is here.
This Apple Bread has an irresistible brown sugar and cinnamon swirl that takes it to the next level. It is so easy to make and will be a hit for anyone that gets their hands on a bite! Great for breakfast, after school snacks, dessert, or serve it at a family get together. After all, breaking bread is a great way to bring everyone together. No holiday excuse needed!
How To Enjoy This Apple Bread Recipe
Try spreading some of The BEST Honey Butter onto a warm slice of Apple Bread for the most mouth watering experience. Or treat yourself to a decadent breakfast of Apple Bread and a warm Vanilla Chai Tea Latte. Fall just doesn’t get any better.
Delicious Apple Recipes To Try
Love all things apple? Us too! Here are a few of our favorite apple recipes that we make regularly during the fall and winter:
- Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Easy Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Baked Apple Pie Dip
- Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie
Delicious apples wrapped up in a comforting loaf that’s perfect for fall. Don’t forget the warm brown sugar cinnamon swirl in this amazing apple bread recipe. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
For the apple bread:
- apples – make sure to pick apples that are good for baking like Pink Lady, Gala, or Honeycrisp, then peel and chop into chunks.
- flour – all purpose is what you want here. Make sure to spoon and level the flour for accurate measuring.
- sugar – granulated white sugar is what I used but this recipe is delicious with half brown and half white sugar as well.
- butter – melted and cooled slightly. A neutral oil can be substituted as well, such as vegetable or canola oil.
- eggs – two large.
- vanilla extract – I love the sweet and comforting flavor this brings to the bread. You can try some of the vanilla bean paste for a more amped up vanilla flavor.
- baking powder – this will make the bread light and fluffy.
- baking soda – this will help the bread rise.
- salt – just a pinch to balance the sweetness.
For the brown sugar cinnamon swirl:
- brown sugar – brown sugar brings a rich, caramelized flavor to the bread and makes that beautiful swirl throughout.
- cinnamon – nutmeg and cloves are great additional spices or you can use apple pie spice instead.
How To Make Apple Bread
Don’t let a bread recipe intimidate you, with this quick and easy apple bread recipe you can be on your way to indulging yourself in the ultimate comfort snack in no time!
- Preheat oven and prepare loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8 x 5 inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make swirl mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar. Whisk eggs and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and vanilla. Whisk in melted butter and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients and apples. Stir in all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda just until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in chopped apples.
- Transfer to loaf pan. Now, add half of the apple bread batter to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle ¾ of the swirl mix over the batter. Fill the pan with the remaining batter. Top the loaf with the rest of the swirl. To create the swirl pattern, use a butter knife or spatula to swirl the cinnamon mixture through the batter.
- Bake bread. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. (If bread is browning too quickly, tent with foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Enjoy. Let bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
Apple Bread Recipe FAQs
How long will the Apple Bread stay fresh? To prevent your apple cinnamon bread from getting dry, should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container, wrapped in plastic or in a large, resealable bag for up to 5 days.
Can Apple Cinnamon Bread be frozen? Yes! Let the bread cool completely and then wrap the bread (in slices or as a whole loaf) in two layers of plastic wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Place in a freezer ziploc bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Bread should be thawed at room temperature. Simply unwrap the number of slices or whole loaf and let come to room temperature. Enjoy!
Can I double the recipe? You sure can. Double up the ingredients and pans. Make one loaf for now and freeze the other. Or be the best neighbor ever and share the second one!
Tips and Variations
- If you’ve had issues with bread sticking to your loaf pan in the past, instead of greasing with butter, line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave an inch or two over the sides for easy bread removal after baking!
- Feel free to add raisins, dates, pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, caramel chips, to play around with even more variations.
- Some similar recipes will substitute unsweetened applesauce in lieu of butter/oil. This will make the loaf more dense but will work if that’s what you have on hand!
More Bread Recipes To Enjoy
- Cinnamon Bread
- Banana Bread
- Homemade Beer Bread
- Homemade Cornbread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- Carrot Apple Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread
How To Make Apple Bread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples Pink Lady, Gala, Honeycrisp – any apples that are good for baking, peeled and chopped, about 2 apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8 x 5 inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.½ cup brown sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whisk eggs and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl.2 large eggs
- Whisk in melted butter and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.½ cup granulated sugar
- Stir in all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt just until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in chopped apples.½ cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Add half of the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle about three quarters of the brown sugar mixture on top of the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter carefully on top of the brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture on top and use a knife or spoon to gently swirl it into the top layer.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden on top and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. (If bread is browning too quickly, tent with foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Let bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
This was the best apple bread ever! I doubled the recipe and added an eighth of a teaspoon each of nutmeg, allspice and cloves, and1 cup of walnuts. I also added an extra egg. Everyone loved it. I used a much bigger loaf pan and it took an hour and 45 minutes to bake. Thanks.
I used just 1 tsp. cinnamon and added 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Yummy!
Perfect recipe… yummy cake 👌🏻
Perfect recipe… yummy cake 👌🏻
Jamie Hilly says
I followed your recipe exactly (except for taking the vegan option, using a flax egg) and it turned out perfectly! This may just edge out banana bread for my go-to breakfast… Thank you for such an easy to follow and easy to EAT recipe!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Jamie!