Thanks to Sara Lee for inspiring me to create this gorgeous, time-saving dessert that’s perfect for Fall! This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle is sure to impress!
Happy National Angel Food Cake Day!!
Don’t you just LOVE all these food holidays?? Gives us more one reason to splurge and celebrate!
Since National Angel Food Cake Day falls in October I wanted to do something Fall-ish to celebrate. And what screams Fall more than pumpkin? This trifle took more than one try but you are going to be glad I took the time to perfect this recipe. The creamy pumpkin cheesecake layer is absolutely sinful and is perfectly complemented by the whipped cream and angel food cake.
You’re going to LOVE this dessert! This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle is so easy to make and best part? It takes less than 20 minutes to pull together and it looks so pretty in this trifle bowl!
I was thrilled when Sara Lee contacted me about trying their NEW Angel Food Cake. (It’s currently making its way into stores now and will be available nationwide later this year…) They were so kind as to send me BOXES of Angel Food Cake and I have had a lot of fun “reviewing” it :)
The first cake I defrosted was devoured by my two boys in less than two hours. My husband came home and saw the remains of said cake and, I quote, “It looks like little mice have been picking at that cake.” They would run into the kitchen, reach up to the counter and tear off little chunks of the cake and then scurry away. I couldn’t keep them out of it!
I absolutely adore the convenience that this cake is frozen and available at a moment’s notice. I love being able to pull desserts together quickly without having to run to the store. Having one (or two!) of these stocked in the freezer is going to be awesome!
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese (I used light)
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) Make your own!
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (plus extra for dusting the top)
- Beat cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and continue beating until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in one third of the whipped cream.
- Cut Angel Food Cake into small pieces and line the bottom of your trifle dish with one third of the cake.
- Layer with one third of the pumpkin mixture followed by one third of the remaining whipped cream.
- Repeat layers twice, finishing with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More delicious desserts for the holidays:
Connect with me!