This easy one bowl Zucchini Banana Cake is the most delicious way to use up extra zucchini and bananas. Delightfully simple, this extra moist cake is sure to please kids and adults alike! Don’t forget the cream cheese frosting! Got ripe bananas? Make sure to try these banana favorites: Jumbo Chocolate Chip Toffee Banana Muffins, No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake and Chocolate Banana Applesauce Cake!
Every year I plant zucchini in our garden and every year I’m amazed at how much zucchini a single plant can produce. I am constantly trying to come up with new and exciting ways to enjoy zucchini and have developed quite an extensive list of zucchini recipes that I’ve shared with you all.
If you’re facing an abundance of zucchini like myself, or simply are looking at ways to include a little more veggies in your dessert (<—ME!) this easy cake is certainly one you should try.
Baking With Zucchini
I look forward to garden fresh zucchini every year because it is one of my FAVORITE ways to add moisture to baked goods like this banana cake. And that little pop of green – so pretty!
I am a serious fan of baking with zucchini. It is much like bananas in that it keeps baked goods extra moist. I can never even taste the zucchini in any of the breads, cakes, or even cookies that I’ve put it in. It’s just added nutrients in my opinion.
This cake is packed with banana AND zucchini so the moistness level here is off the charts. I topped it with my favorite cream cheese frosting but a dusting of powdered sugar would be equally delicious.
The cake is super simple to make and only requires one bowl, no mixer, and about 7 minutes.
Tips for the Best Cake
- make sure to really squeeze out all the extra moisture from the zucchini
- use a nice, ripe banana for added sweetness
- avoid over-mixing after adding the flour mixture
These bars are seriously amazing! The perfect summer treat!
I adore baking with zucchini and I hope you do too! If you haven’t had the chance to try a baked goods recipe made with zucchini – let this be your first. It’s a very simple recipe that yields sensational results. It’s a great way to use up extra zucchini and ripe bananas too!
More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Quiche with Bacon and Hash Brown Crust
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Spice Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Cake
- Carrot Apple Zucchini Bread
How To Make Zucchini Banana Cake
Zucchini Banana Cake
- 2 cups shredded zucchini squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 tbsp butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Frosting optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs and sugar until combined.
- Mash in banana until combined.
- Gradually mix in melted butter.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Baked 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bars cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Bananas & zucchini….SUPER! I can’t wait to make this. What size pan did you use?
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
It’s a 9x 13 🙂
Who doesn’t like Zucchini Bread. OMG! Must try. Looks awesome