Incredibly moist and delicious Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins packed with peanut butter flavor and sweet morsels of chocolate.
For mornings when you just need a little chocolate.
We interrupt the pumpkin and apple programming to bring you some CHOCOLATE!
Ohmgosh I think I may be burnt out on pumpkin! No, wait. False alarm. I still want more pumpkin and I think it’s gonna need to happen soon…
Today, however, it’s all about my all-time favorite, can’t get enough of it, want to marry it, peanut butter and chocolate combo. Life just doesn’t get any better. Unless, of course, it’s pb and chocolate for breakfast.
True story. I made these muffins last week to try to get a little bit of a jump start on my upcoming trip to Virginia (going to a turkey farm people!)
While I was in my room trying to figure out what shoes/boots were appropriate to wear to a walnut orchard for my Diamond trip on Friday (more on that later), the timer for the oven went off and I totally didn’t hear it. I walked in a few minutes later and was super bummed to see some pretty brown muffins. And not the pretty brown we all know and love.
I let them cool for a few seconds before giving one a try. Despite being over-baked, it was amazingly delicious! So peanutty and fabulous…I had to make another batch! Fortunately I had jut enough ingredients to get another batch in the oven and this one turned out beautifully.
These muffins are fairly dense just like a traditional banana bread but just smack of peanut butter flavor. Studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, you get the perfect amount of chocolate and peanut butter flavor in every bite.
Now you’d think we’d have tons leftover seeing as how I made two batches of these muffins. Nope. Gone in the blink of an eye. They seemed to become everyone’s favorite breakfast as well as the snack of choice for after school and late night. Can’t say that I blame them.
The best way, and dare I say the only way to enjoy these muffins is with a big, cold glass of milk. Perfection.
- 3-4 ripe bananas (approx 1½ cups mashed)
- 6 Tbls butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ c light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ c flour, divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Peel and mash the bananas.
- Add in the egg, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Combine 1 cup of flour and remaining dry ingredients, reserving ¼ cup of flour. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Combine Reese's peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips in a bowl. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of flour over the chips and gently coat the chips with flour.
- Add to batter and mix just until combined.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with baking cups.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 cups.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the muffins cool slightly before removing from tin. Enjoy!
Craving peanut butter? Check out these great recipes!
For all peanut butter recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.