Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Puffs for the dinner win! Made with rotisserie chicken and puff pastry, these puffs are delightfully easy to make and are a cheesy favorite with the family!
I’ve got another wonderfully easy and delicious QUICK dinner idea for you today – Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Puffs.
Back in August I shared a variation of the chicken casserole recipe that I have been making for decades and this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole quickly became one of the most popular recipes on my site. Pinned over 170k times with rave reviews, I figured maybe you guys like chicken, broccoli, cheese, or maybe just the fact that it’s so gosh darn easy.
Casseroles are always a crowd favorite at my house but puffs come in a close second. I love how pretty puffs are and you can fill them with almost anything. Really.
Today I did a combination of broccoli, mushrooms, chicken and cheese and they were so tasty!
I used puff pastry for my “puff” which basically does a fantastic job of holding all that goodness inside. The puffs are super easy to make but you need to be careful not to overfill. Stretching the puff pastry too much leads to holes and leaks.
There are a lot of yummy variations you can try – like bbq chicken puffs with bacon and cheese, buffalo chicken puffs, ham and cheese puffs…basically if you’ve got some puff pastry and a couple more ingredients in your fridge you can throw this meal together in a jiffy.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Puffs
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, Swiss, Mexican blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onion in olive oil for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and continue sauteing for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Add broccoli and chicken and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold thawed puff pastry and cut into four squares.
- Roll each square out slightly to make a rectangle.
- Repeat with second puff pastry.
- Divide filling equally among puff pastry rectangles.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Fold the sides over to close making sure to pinch the edges close.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffs are golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Winner winner chicken dinner:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.