No one can resist these EASY Monster Fudge Bars! Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars topped with easy fudge and mini M&M’s! This is one decadent treat!
I’ve got a winner for you guys today! Not that all my recipes aren’t winners…but, this one is extra special! Y’all know that I am a HUGE fudge lover, right? I mean, I think it’s basically the most decadent treat out there and you can make it in so many different ways in so many different flavors. Some of my favorites are Peanut Butter Candy Bar Fudge, Maple Nut Fudge, and Easy Rainbow Fudge. All super delicious!
I have found that most of my readers (that’s you!) prefer a magic fudge over cooked fudge. Basically you guys have something against candy thermometers is what it comes down to 😉 Kidding! But seriously, when fudge is this easy (sweetened condensed milk + chocolate) it’s silly to not be making it.
This recipe is two part but because microwaving that fudge layer can be so tasking, I used a shortcut for the cookie layer and used store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough. Please, please, please do not complain about this. You are more than welcome to use your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe (like this one!) to make these bars. I just know that many of you appreciate the shortcut.
Now, naturally I didn’t leave that cookie dough alone. I added oats and M&M’s and peanut butter chips to make it extra special and totally delicious. This giant cookie gets baked for about 10 minutes and then the fudge layer happens…
Lordy. What’s not to love about this?? The fudge layer is made in the microwave. I just combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe container like my Pyrex measuring cup (just use a larger one) and heat until the chips have melted and the mixture is smooth. Couldn’t be easier.
I quickly sprinkled on mass quantities of mini M&M’s, the more the better, and then the whole pan gets thrown back in the oven for a bit. After a cooling down period, during which you may find yourself frantically licking the spatulas you used for the fudge, finally, MONSTER FUDGE BARS.
Yup. Okay, so let’s talk size. I cut these ones here into squares, mainly for the pics. In actuality, I took these babies to a swim meet and cut each square in half and that was really the perfect size. These bad boys are RICH. R.I.C.H. If you don’t like sweets, walk away now.
If you do…
Monster Fudge Bars
- 2 cups refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough about 15 oz
- 1/2 cup oats old fashioned or quick oats are fine
- 1 cup mini M&M's + more for topping
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (for a glass pan), 325F (for a dark pan).
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble up the cookie dough and stir in oats, one cup M&Ms and peanut butter chips. Mix until combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While dough is baking, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Heat on high heat for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the fudge mixture over the partially baked crust and carefully spread. The dough is not fully baked so make sure to evenly pour the fudge to start with.
- Sprinkle with additional mini M&Ms, the amount is up to you. I did about 1 cup.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 to 18 minutes or just until the edges and center begin to crack.
- Let bars cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars. I like to refrigerate my bars for a good hour so the fudge is nice and set up.
More MONSTER recipes!
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.