These Skinny Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars taste utterly decadent but are made with Greek yogurt and light cream cheese so you can enjoy them without the guilt! The perfect treat!
I’m in the mood for chocolate today – how about you?? Let’s be honest though, I’m always in the mood for chocolate 🙂
I remember enjoying my very first chocolate cheesecake years ago and thinking to myself, my life will never be same. So decadent as to feel downright sinful, chocolate cheesecake is one of those pleasures I indulge in very seldom but outright crave quite frequently.
I put my cravings to rest, along with my guilt, with these lightened up cheesecake bars.
The cheesecake bars are made with light cream cheese, Greek yogurt and my new favorite Toasted Hazelnut creamer from International Delight. I think we all know that chocolate and hazelnuts go together so nicely and it’s doubly true when we’re talking cheesecake.
I love an OREO cookie crust and it’s pretty much a must have for these bars. I didn’t add any additional sugar and you won’t notice a lack of sweetness…at all. These bars are so incredibly creamy, so rich, and absolutely decadent.
I topped the bars with a “ganache” made with bittersweet chocolate and Toasted Hazelnut creamer, a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts and chocolate jimmies. So fun and cute!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars
- 18 OREO Cookies
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 12 oz light cream cheese Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup International Delight Toasted Hazelnut Creamer Fat Free and Sugar Free creamer
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Tbls International Delight Toasted Hazelnut Creamer Fat Free and Sugar Free creamer
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts chopped optional
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pace OREO cookies in food processor and process until turned into fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and use a fork to combine.
- Press crumbs into a 9x9 baking dish, pressing down firmly. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in Greek yogurt. sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Finally, beat in creamer and eggs until smooth.
- Gently pour mixture over crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven gently and run a knife around the edge to loosen. This will keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before covering and refrigerating for 3 hours.
- Stir creamer and 4 ounces of chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Let cool slightly before spooning over cheesecake bars. Top with toasted, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate jimmies if desired.
Still craving chocolate?
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.