Chocolate and peanut butter lovers unite! You are going to LOVE these Reese’s Stuffed Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! I took my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and stuffed a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup inside…you can thank me later.
It has been far too long since I shared a Reese’s recipe. Far, faaar too long. It’s not as if I’m not eating and baking with Reese’s. No. I keep our pantry fully stocked: Reese’s Pieces, Minis, Miniatures, Cups, and of course, Reese’s PB Baking Chips. Yes please!
Last week my husband had another BBQ at his work. Yes, I know. These people like to party. And yes, here in Sacramento we are in the 80s. Spring is a relatively short period of time here in Sacramento so we take full advantage of the warm days and cool nights. Before we know it, temps will have reached the 100s and we won’t want to go outside. Like ever.
Sooo, anyhoo, Chris asked for cookies. Chocolate chip cookies. Using our favorite recipe naturally. I was happy to oblige, with one teensy little adjustment. I really, really wanted to stuff them. And if you’re going to stuff a cookie, I say go big or go home.
These giant, chewy chocolate chip cookies have been stuffed with snack size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and let me tell you folks, I have a new favorite cookie.
Straight out of the oven, these cookies are pure heaven. Ooey, gooey, and perfectly crisp around the edges. Biting into the cookie is pure bliss…and then…then, you hit the center.
I can’t think of a better surprise than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Can you?
Reese’s Stuffed Giant, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips or a combination of chips
- 12 snack size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, corn starch) and sift together.
- Cream butter with sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla and then add in the egg and egg yolk and continue beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of dough and wrap around a Reese's peanut butter cup making sure to seal the edges.
- Continue until all dough has been used.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Space cookies about 3 inches apart and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- The cookies are done when the edges are golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire racks to finish cooling.
More of our favorite cookies:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.