My Aunt Pam’s Lemon Cheesecake Bars are made with lots of fresh lemon juice and zest so they’re bursting with lemon flavor! Extra creamy, super easy and always a crowd pleaser! Top with powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, and extra lemon zest for a pretty presentation!
I’m a big fan of lemon EVERYTHING all year round but there is just something extra exciting about lemon desserts during the spring and summer. This particular lemon dessert recipe is even more special because it’s a family recipe. This is my Aunt Pam’s recipe and it’s a doozy! If you love lemon, you’re going to go crazy for these lemon cheesecake bars!
About three Christmases ago, my Aunt Lana (my Aunt Pam’s sister) gave each of us nieces and nephews a binder full of family recipes. I’ve mentioned it several times before in the past because it was honestly one of the most meaningful and sentimental gifts I’ve ever received.
I love flipping through it and finding recipes that my Grandma made or my Uncle Tim. Favorites that bring back so many memories. It’s just SO special. I have yet to work my way through the whole binder but my tummy is certainly looking forward to it.
If you love lemon, you’re going to want to give these easy bars a try. I love that even the crust is made with lemon juice and zest so every bit is just bursting with lemon flavor. It’s amazing! I love topping them with powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, and even more lemon zest. So pretty!
Family and family recipes are certainly the most important thing in my life which is why I’m excited to tell you about this new show I’ve been watching: Relative Race. This fun and upbeat reality competition show is all about family. Four teams have embarked on a road trip that is filled with physical, mental, and cooking challenges as they seek out long-lost relatives. No GPS, no smart phones – only paper maps to guide their way.
I think this is such a fun idea! My husband just sent in his DNA test last week and I can’t wait to do mine. I think it’s so important to know where we’re from and that’s what this show is all about.
Because Relative Race wants you to get cooking with your family, I’ve partnered with them for a fun giveaway.
Enter HERE for a Chance to Win: Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor (approx. value, $199) PLUS a Relative Race Road Trip Kit including an Instax camera, $25 Visa gift card, road trip handbook, water bottle, t-shirt, and more. Week 7 Giveaway ends on Sunday, April 16. One winner will be selected. Good luck!
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or lemon extract)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, salt, and lemon zest together until creamy.
- Add flour and beat until crumbly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix with hands until dough holds together. (Up to 1 additional tablespoon of lemon juice may be added.)
- Press dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes - just until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm and puffed.
- Let cool completely in refrigerator.
- Take out 1 hour before serving and cut into squares.
Love lemon as much as I do? Try out these great recipes!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by BYUtv and Relative Race. All opinions are 100% my own.