Throwing out ripe bananas is a serious no-no in my book. Don’t do it! Make cookies instead! These Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies are sure to become a new favorite – so soft and delicious, they’re impossible to resist!
I have been cursed with the over-buying bananas gene. I can’t help myself. I buy way TOO many bananas and invariably, 1 or 4 get too ripe for my boys to eat. They’re picky like that. Fortunately, I have a plethora of amazing recipes that call for ripe bananas. Banana bread, banana cake, banana muffins and now I’m finally getting around to this amazing banana cookie recipe.
All you need is two ripe bananas and some pantry staples and soon you and and your family will be enjoying a whole new take on cookies. These cookies are so soft and delicious, and somehow, they disappear all too quickly.
These cookies, or variations of them, make a frequent appearance at my house and are one of the most requested cookies from the boys. I don’t mind. They are so easy to pull together and don’t even require eggs which is all the incentive Reece and Bryce need to stick their fingers in the cookie dough.
Next time you’re tempted to throw out those ripe bananas – resist! Make cookies instead! You can thank me later 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, bananas, and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes or just until they start to turn light, golden brown on top.
- Let cookies cool completely on cookie sheets.
Banana recipes I adore!
Connect with me!