These Magic Brownie Cookies are packed full of flavor – coconut, butterscotch, walnuts, and of course, CHOCOLATE! This easy to make dessert will be a hit at your next party – no one can eat just one!
It’s a cookie kind of day today. It has been one of those weeks where I’ve needed chocolate on hand from first thing in the morning until late at night. Chocolate and coffee.
I actually made a batch of these brownie cookies earlier in the week and was craving s’mores so I added marshmallows to the mix. Ended up with some pretty crazy looking cookies but booooy were they good.
Today these cookies have a magic bar kind of thing going on. While the graham cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk didn’t make it to the mix, the coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts sure did.
Can I just say how much I love butterscotch? I don’t bake with butterscotch chips very often but when I do I am always in awe of just how much I LOVE butterscotch. Like, really, really love it. (Especially in this Butterscotch Banana Bread!)
These cookies are literally bursting with chocolate flavor. So prepare yourself accordingly. The batter is outrageously chunky due to the addition of a cup each of the coconut, butterscotch and chocolate chips, and the walnuts.
I used a bit of espresso powder to really amp up that chocolate flavor. If you don’t have any or can’t find, don’t let that stop you from making these cookies.
There is just something magical about that shiny, thin crust layer on the top of these cookies that begs you to take a bite. They are just so pretty and dare I say hearty. Can cookies be hearty? With all those chips and walnuts in there, they certainly have a ton of texture and flavor going on. This batch makes 3 dozen. Perfect for a small gathering with just enough extra to send a few home with your friends.
More Cookie Recipes
- Kolaczki (Polish Cookies)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Almond Joy Cookies – Just 4 Ingredients!
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Blossoms
How To Make Magic Brownie Cookies
Magic Brownie Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 8 oz
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teasoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Heat for another 15 seconds and stir again. Let sit for 1-2 minutes and then stir again until smooth.
- Stir in the espresso powder. Let chocolate mixture cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Beat at medium-high speed (level 8) for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the cooled chocolate mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Combine the walnuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut in a medium bowl Toss with 1 tablespoon of flour. Stir into dough.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet using a cookie dough scoop or a rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.