This Chocolate Cherry Lush will quickly become a new family favorite! This dessert is so easy to make, can be made ahead of time and is perfect for holidays and parties!
Chocolate Cherry Layered Dessert
I have been dreaming of this dessert for two years now. I finally had the chance to make it and I’m kicking myself for not making it sooner. I am obsessed, OBSESSED with chocolate and cherry. Together they create the most beautiful magic in my mouth and I look for every opportunity to pair these two ingredients.
I grew up calling this a “Four Layer Dessert” but many of you know it as a lush. Because I didn’t want to freak you all out with a FIVE layer dessert, I went with Chocolate Cherry Lush for the title and lush it is!
The first layer is a magnificent crust that the rest of this dessert is built upon. The foundation for greatness, really. I used pecans but I know almonds and cherry go together like bread and butter so use almonds – or any other nut – that you prefer. I’m just partial to pecans 🙂
The second layer is cherry pie filling – use your favorite brand. My boys considered every bite that contained a cherry to be some sort of personal victory by the cheering that I heard going on while they were enjoying their dessert.
The third layer may be my favorite – cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip. I could eat this stuff for breakfast.
The fourth layer is chocolate pudding but shoot, vanilla or whatever you’ve got on hand that you think would go well with cherries would be an excellent way to go.
The fifth layer is more Cool Whip which creates a beautiful canvas for whatever topping your heart desires: chocolate jimmies, chocolate curls, shaved chocolate, – just go with your gut on this one. I had a Hershey bar that was calling my name so yeah, that was kind of awesome.
I really don’t think you can go wrong here. And it tastes all KINDS of right. I love how easy this dessert is to make and it’s the perfect make-ahead dessert for busy days. It would be beautiful for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, potluck or picnic – it’s just so darn versatile!
You can really lighten this recipe up using fat-free, sugar-free jello and lite Cool Whip.
More No Bake Desserts To Try
- Banana Split Dessert
- Raspberry Cheesecake
- Easy No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Chocolate Chip No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake
How To Make Chocolate Cherry Lush
Chocolate Cherry Lush
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup crushed nuts I like pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling 1 can
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip 8 oz container
- 6.8 ounces chocolate instant pudding 2 packages
- 3 cups milk
- Remaining Cool Whip from 8 oz container
- ½ cup chocolate shavings or chocolate jimmies optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ingredients and press into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread cherry pie filling over crust.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in Cool Whip.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread on cool crust.
- Combine pudding mix and milk and prepare according to package instructions.
- Spread over second layer.
- Top fourth layer with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle on chocolate shavings or chocolate jimmies.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.