Get ready to impress with this easy-to-make, gorgeous Chocolate Caramel Layered Dessert! A sweet shortbread crust is topped with thick, rich caramel, no bake cheesecake, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping…it just doesn’t get any better than this easy dessert recipe!
Chocolate and caramel has to be one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. There’s just nothing like the silky, creamy texture of rich caramel and when combined with the smooth, decadent flavor of chocolate – wowza! It’s like a flavor explosion in your mouth.
There’s always a wow factor to desserts with both chocolate and caramel and this layered dessert is no exception.
I took my Grandma’s famous 4-layer dessert and added a layer of decadent caramel right on top of the nutty crust. I never knew that this dessert was missing anything until this moment.
Next comes the creamy, rich layer made with cream cheese and then the chocolate pudding layer.
Now I asked myself – why make regular chocolate pudding when I could make chocolate caramel pudding using International Delight’s Hershey’s Chocolate Caramel creamer??
Loads of chocolate and caramel flavor in every bite make this a dessert your friends and family won’t soon forget.
I absolutely adore desserts that can be made ahead of time and shoved in the fridge for later. Then you’re like a super star when you pull out this glorious dessert and serve it to your adoring fans, ahem, family.
This Chocolate Caramel layered dessert is perfect for all the parties, potlucks and get togethers you might be enjoying during your summer vacation. It definitely feeds a crowd!
Chocolate Caramel Layered Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts I like pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 20 KRAFT caramels unwrapped
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip from 8 oz container
- 6.8 oz chocolate instant pudding 2 3.4 oz packages
- 1 cup International Delight's Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Creamer
- 2 cups cold milk
- Cool Whip remaining from 8 oz container
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat unwrapped caramels and whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat until nice and smooth. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cooled caramel layer.
- Combine pudding mix, creamer and milk and prepare according to package instructions.
- Spread over third layer.
- Top fourth layer with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle on chocolate shavings.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
More of our favorite treats:
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Make sure you connect with International Delight!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.