Almost too pretty to eat, these Berries ‘N Cream Cookies are the easiest recipe you’ll make all summer long! Sweet sugar cookies are topped with a bright, lemon cream cheese frosting and fresh berries! Soooo good!
The 4th of July is right around the corner and I’ve got red, white and blue on the brain. These cookies are perfect for the 4th of July or any summer entertaining. Super easy, crazy delicious, these little gems are almost too pretty to eat!
It all started when the boys were asking for cookies a few days before we were leaving for vacation. I had an almost entirely empty fridge and not an egg to be found. Fortunately, I remembered that I had bought a pack of refrigerated sugar cookie dough for a rainy day.
Then I spotted a half empty container of blueberries leftover from the No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cream Pie I made the week before. Also spotted the frozen lemonade that I used for the glaze and boom – these cookies happened!
I added some fresh strawberries from our garden – so good! The easy frosting is my favorite cream cheese frosting combined with some of the frozen lemonade concentrate – amazing!
My boys said these were the best cookies…EVER. So there.
Obviously these cookies are PERFECT for the 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day buuuut, trust me, you don’t want to wait for the next holiday to roll around before making these easy cookies! Sooo good and just lovely for summer entertaining!
Berries 'N Cream Cookies
- 16 oz refrigerated ready to bake sugar cookies 1 16 oz package
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- Bake cookies according to package instructions and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and sifted powdered sugar and beat until nice and smooth. Test the consistency of the frosting. Too thin? Add powdered sugar 2 tablespoons at a time. Too thick? Add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Combine cream cheese frosting and lemonade concentrate in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Rinse the strawberries and blueberries and pat dry. Halve or quarter the strawberries depending on the size and pat dry again.
- Frost cookies with about one teaspoon of the frosting.
- Top with strawberries and blueberries.
- Sprinkle lemon zest on top of cookies.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 24 cookies
More red, white, and blue fun!
For 4th of July recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!