These sweet treats are sure to satisfy everyone! Colorful and festive, this Red White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats Bark is the perfect no-bake treat to celebrate with!
Today we’re doing easy. And festive. And fun. Got kids? This is the treat you want to make together with them because they CANNOT MESS IT UP. Seriously. If my boys couldn’t mess it up, yours will be fine too!
I wish I had some process shots but my hands were covered in blue rice krispies treats and my camera seemed so far away…on the other side of the counter.
It’s a lazy day, what can I say.
The boys and are I stuck indoors today since it’s hitting 107 today. 1-0-7. I die. I needed some boredom buster activities that a) didn’t heat up the house and b) could double as a blog post.
These sweet treats won out.
I’ve made sugar cookie bark before (DELISH!) but I was out of sugar cookie dough and it would have violated rule A above anyways. I was trying to think of another “base” to the bark, cause I happen to like more texture in my bark, and it occurred to me that rice krispies treats would be kind of awesome. Reece and Bryce approved.
This bark takes just minutes, MINUTES to make. Easy and fabulous!
Red White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats Bark
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 oz JELL-O 1 box - you pick the flavor!
- 16 oz vanilla flavored candy coating I used CandiQuik
- 2 cups red white and blue candies and sprinkles I used jimmies, red vines, m&ms
- Line a 10x15 jellyroll pan with parchment paper
- Combine marshmallows and one quarter cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until completely blended.
- Stir in the JELL-O until completely combined.
- Stir in cereal and continue mixing until cereal is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into prepared pan firmly. Use a small piece of parchment paper to keep the treats from sticking to your hands.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions and spread on top of the rice krispies treats.
- Quickly sprinkle with candies.
- Let the bark set up in the fridge for 15 minutes or on the counter for an hour before gently breaking apart.
More red, white and blue!
Cherry Vanilla All American Patties
Red White and Blue Sparkler Cookies
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
That’s so hot! These are super fun!
This bark is so fun, Trish! I love the Rice Krispies base….and we may happen to have a giant tub of Red Vines sitting on our kitchen counter right now!
107?! Holy heatwave, Trish! That’s some crazy talk. Hope your A/C is holding steady!
These are gorgeous. I see a ton of July 4th treats out there, but this is high up on the favorites. I mean, who can resist? It’s bark. With krispie treats. Covered in candy. It’s fun just to stare at the pics!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Right?? We’re looking at 106 and 107 again this week and it makes me wanna cry. Reece’s birthday is on Tuesday too – 105. Uggh. No bake treats like these are my life right now 🙂
heather @french press says
this heat STINKS big time – I feel like we have been stuck inside all week – if only I had some of this bark to keep me company
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I couldn’t agree more and this next week is going to be more of the same. I need to head to the mountains! Thanks Heather 🙂