Almond Joy Cookies – Just 4 Ingredients!

If you love coconut, boy are you in for a treat today! These easy Almond Joy Cookies take just four ingredients and don’t even require a mixer! No beating, no chilling, just mix ’em up and throw ’em in the oven EASY! You’re going to love these ooey gooey fabulous cookies!

Let’s be friends! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!

PIN IT NOW!

These easy Almond Joy Cookies take just four ingredients and don't even require a mixer! No beating, no chilling, just mix 'em up and throw 'em in the oven EASY! You're going to love these ooey gooey fabulous cookies!

PIN IT NOW!

I’ve got a major coconut lover in my life – my Dad. He loves all things coconut: coconut cream pie, coconut macaroons, raspberry coconut magic bars and especially these easy Almond Joy Cookies. These cookies are crazy easy to make and bake up to ooey gooey perfection.

So no flour, no eggs, no butter…what the heck is in these cookies you ask? Chocolate chips, coconut, almonds, and sweetened condensed milk – that’s it! I scoop the cookies right onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and off they go for about 12 to 14 minutes. When the bottoms starts to look golden brown and you seem some of the coconut with brown tips – it’s time to come out!

After scooping out the cookies with my cookie scoop, I wet my fingertips and kind of pat the cookies into more of a disc shape. The cookies are the same shape going in as they are coming out so it’s up to you!

If you love coconut, you simply have to give these a try! See how easy these are to make!

PIN IT NOW!

Almond Joy Cookies - Just 4 Ingredients!

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 3 dozen
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
  2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl combine coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and sweetened condensed milk.
  4. Stir until combined.
  5. Scoop out dough with a cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet.
  6. Moisten the tips of your fingers with water and shape into discs. Pat the tops flat.
  7. Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until tips of coconut are just starting to turn golden brown.
  8. Let cool on baking sheet.
  9. Store cookies in an airtight container.

More delicious coconut recipes!

copycat-almond-joy-candy-bars

Copycat Almond Joy Candy Bars

almond-joy-ice-cream-no-machine-homemade

Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream

coconut-cream-pie-cookie-cups

Coconut Cream Pie Cookie Cups

best-coconut-cream-pie-recipe-easy

Best Coconut Cream Pie

Trish Signature Block

For all coconut recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on FacebookPinterestInstagramTwitterBloglovin’.

Have a great day!

Comments

1. I am such a big coconut lover so these cookies are totally calling my name! I love how easy they are to make with just 4 ingredients! They look so irresistible!

2. These cookies look so chewy and awesome. I love the fact that they have chocolate chips and almonds. Sign me up!
    Mir recently posted..Butterscotch Blondies

3. I’m a big fan of coconut myself! Looks great!
    Laura @ Laura’s Culinary Adventures recently posted..Clam Chowder

4. I have started eating organic almost a 1 1/2 years ago. I really enjoy looking at recipes and figuring out what I can do to change or substitute some of the ingredients so the ingredients will be all organic. This is an easy recipe to do that with except for the sweetened condensed milk. Would you have any suggestions as to what I might be able to use in place of this?? I know the Hub and kids will adore these cookies although I just can not feed these to them without knowing I have used organic ingredients. Thanking you in advance!!

• As soon as I posted my question I decided to do a search on how to make sweetened condensed milk and it is so, so simple!!! All I can say on my part is DUH!!!! LOL!!! I hope my question might help someone else. Can’t wait to try this !!!!!

• Vanessa Nealy says:

your answer, as in how to make your own organic sweetened condensed milk, might help someone else….just sayin-

• can you tell me how to make sweeiened condensed milk? thank you. wanda

• Sorry Wanda – I can’t. I would google it :)

• Shelley Heffner says:

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe

Prep time
            5 mins
            Cook time
            30 mins
            Total time
            35 mins

This Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe makes a delicious, made from scratch version of sweetened condensed milk that you can use in coffee, baking, ice cream and more!
            Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
            Serves: 1¼ cups
            Ingredients
            2 cups whole milk
            ¾ cup sugar (granulated or cane), honey, or maple syrup
            4 tablespoons salted butter
            1 teaspoon vanilla extract
            Instructions
            Whisk together milk and sweetener in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisking often, bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer, whisking often, until milk has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Once reduced, remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Allow to cool completely and store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
            From: http://addapinch.com/homemade-sweetened-condensed-milk-recipe/

• Marci Martindale says:

I use organic sweetened condensed milk. I bought it at Trader Joe’s but have also found. T at the local market for much more.

• Flavor Queen says:

Seasonally Trader Joe’s has organic sweetened condensed milk.

5. Pete Mathis says:

What size is the scoop?

• T. Barrett says:

Hey Pete,

I just made these. I tried a medium scoop but that was to big. I ended up using a small scoop about a tablespoon size and it worked perfect. Cheers.

6. I love the coconut almond combo! These cookies would disappear in no time at our house!
    Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Blueberry Oat Snack Bars

• Do you think that by adding a tablespoon of flour to the cookie mix it might help to keep them from being sticky and then put a dusting of flour on the parchment paper might help I’m sticking to the pan?

7. 4 ingredients!! You are killin me Trish! these cookies look sooo amazing! I barely even like coconut so that’s saying something. I want one right now!
    Karen @ The Food Charlatan recently posted..Thai Pizza with Zucchini and Pickled Onions

8. Wow, you just stole my heart with so many of my favorite deserts. For sure, I will be making some of these. Yum, yum, yummy!

9. CHRISTINA MASZK says:

My daughter has a peanut allergy so I’m going to omit the almonds and add some butterscotch chips. :)

• Theresa Cheney says:

Why would you omit the almonds? A peanut is not a nut. It’s a legume. That’s like saying I’m allergic to milk so I’m omitting the almonds. It doesn’t make sense.

• most nuts are processed in the same plant and if you read the labels on them, they usually say so

• As a nurse I can tell you that if you are allergic to peanuts. Please do not eat other types of nuts that you buy in a store etc.. if you are growing your own almonds and know exactly that they are not touching any other there types of nuts (especially peanuts which I have seen kill people). Never assume. Better safe than sorry.

10. I love recipes that use minimal ingredients. This recipe uses so few, yet is so gourmet in appearance. Love It!

11. I just featured your outragiouslly delicious cookies as my sinful recipe http://www.momontimeout.com/2016/07/almond-joy-cookies-just-4-ingredients/of the week on facebook!

12. Very irritated right now, they are NOT browning at all, it’s been 16 minutes.

13. What are the nutritional facts for these cookies. What size scoop?

14. Amazingly easy and delicious! My gluten free housemate loved them, too.

15. Curious what the nutritional information for these is. Thanks

16. Can I use coconut cream to substitute the condensate milk? If not, what can I use?

17. These taste good, but they stick really badly to the pan that has parchment paper on it, and then I even tried greasing the paper on the pan. I’m pretty much shaving off the bottom of every cookie. So sad.

• You might try greasing and flouring the pan. I make a different type of coconut drop cookie, and that`s what I do and it works great.

• Did you use parchment? Or waxed paper? They look the same but they’re different, and waxed paper will stick.

• I made these as instructed on parchment paper. The ingredients ran and it looked like one big cookie. So I tried it on.a greased pan.and this helped. I did take a spatula to them shortly after removing fro the oven to keep them from sticking. They sure didn’t look like the ones shown on this recipe.

• Just grease the cookie sheet. When they are cooled, use a thin spatula dipped in water to remove the cookies from the sheet. I may try spraying the spatula with vegetable oil the next time I make these.

18. Hi I made these cookies only exchanged the semi sweet chocolate chips for dark and condensed milk for coconut milk (which is a normal substitute I’m told) but the cookies are not cookies! I have to eat with a fork or my fingers! Do you think it’s the milk!? I love this recipe but am not getting a cookie:(

19. Barbara Clark says:

Trish, I saw your Almond Joy Cookies on Pinterest. I am interested in your cookbook.
    I am one who likes baking simply and making salads. I am wanting some ‘simple recipes’ to start
    cooking more. It is just me, but I want to start making some nice meals for friends and pot luck
    dinners.

I am NOT computer savvy and know very little about Pinterest. I truly don’t know how to print off
    the Almond Joy Cookies. If you have the time, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks…………….

• Hi Barbara! The print button is directly below the image where the recipe is located. Just click on the buttton. If it doesn’t print for some reason, right click and select “print”. That should do it!

20. Jane Castelli says:

Sounds yummy. Can these be frozen?

21. How far a head can you make them?

22. Erin Perry says:

Do you think cashews would work as a substitute for the almonds? I am allergic to all nuts but cashews oddly enough :)

• Glenda Holcomb says:

I don’t see why you couldn’t do that. I’m allergic to nuts and am simply leaving the almonds out. Going to call them “Mounds Cookies”… :)

• That’s what I’m planning to do too. While the almonds would be lovely, for me there’s nothing like coconut and chocolate. We’ll see!

23. Dawn McDowell says:

I don’t have salted almonds. Should I just add some salt or would plain chopped almonds do. Thank you

24. Could these be made into bar cookies??

• Yes, definitely. I now do it that way every time. One recipe just about does a quarter sheet pan – don’t worry if it doesn’t go all the way to the edges. Let it cool most of the way and then slice into bars. It’s MUCH less messy this way.
      I also use unsweetened coconut – the amount of sugar in this recipe is enough to send sometime into diabetic shock! LOL The unsweetened coconut makes it just right in terms of sweetness.
      Trish, I have never found a bag of 14 oz unsweetened coconut, so I just use the 8 oz bag that is standard. I add the condensed milk until it looks “right” so that the bars are not too soggy. So somewhat less than half a can.

25. Just made these, and if they are not the BESTCOOKIE I ever ate, they are pretty darn close. The only substitution I made was to use bitter sweet chips, instead of semi sweet,. Because, I was concerned that they would be overly sweet. Cookies were a cross between Mounds and Almond Joy
    Thanks for the recipe

26. These look gorgeous, I love coconut :) Would it work with dried fruit in place of chocolate?

27. Marie Geraldine LeBlanc says:

Oh no! All the milk ran down on the parhment paper….what a mess!

• Same thing happened to me too.

• I am wondering if it will work better if you use less sweetened condensed milk. Just add it as you’re mixing everything but just enough of it and not the whole can.

• Make sure the can you’re using says “sweetened condensed milk” not just “condensed milk” and definitely don’t substitute regular milk. Sweetened Condensed Milk is thick, like, too thick to run. You can’t even pour it out of a can. You have to scoop it out. But regular “condensed milk” is just evaporated milk is a lot runnier. If you use the “sweetened condensed” (Eagle Brand is very reliable) it will not be possible for it to run. It’s thicker than yogurt.

• I tried this recipe and triple checked the amounts but they still ran all over and stuck to the parchment paper. I used Eagle scm too. 🙁

• I’m not sure what to tell you… Absolutely nothing sticks to parchment paper so first I would check your box and see if it actually is parchment paper. Second, I have made this recipe SO many times, and have had zero problems. So have thousands of other people :) Other than telling you to check your ingredients – again… Did you watch the video? Did your cookie “dough” look like mine? I just posted the video again yesterday on Facebook, you can see the comments there if that will help. https://www.facebook.com/MomOnTimeout/posts/1189284464489010

28. I tried this with dark chocolate morsels and frozen coconut with the sweetened condensed milk. I used the slivered almonds and chopped them. I cannot get it to not be runny. Please help? I can’t figure it out as I am using the right amount of ingredients but just tends to be way too much moistened!!!

29. I love these! I even used unsweetened coconut, because that’s what I had, and mini chocolate chips, because that’s what I had, and halved the recipe, so I kind of eyeballed the measurements, and they still turned out great!

30. Chris Hoover says:

Just made these exactly the way the recipe stated. Had to throw away almost all of them,couldn’t get them off the parchment paper! So sad and frustrated😭😭

31. Thank you for the delicious recipe. I followed your instructions and they came out perfectly. I didn’t have any problem at all about the cookies sticking to the parchment paper. They just slid off. 😀 Hubby love love loves them. Quick question… Do they need to be refrigerated in their airtight container?

32. The cookies have been in the oven for almost 16 minutes–the SCM are oozing all around and cookies are crumbling to the touch. I used unsweetened fresh coconut. I was wondering what would bind the ingredients into a solid cookie

33. Karen easter says:

I tried these and they did not turn out worst recipe ever

34. MaryLee Price says:

Followed the receipe exactly! They turned out great! Look good, taste wonderful and super easy to make!

35. Ginger Favret says:

When my cookies were done I slid the parchment w/cookies on to a cooling rack. I let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes after which they easily lifted off of the parchment paper. The trick is not to try to lift the cookies off the paper but to peel the the paper from them. I had good luck with the recipe and with removing them from the paper.

36. These are in the oven now and they are a mess! They have flattened out and run into each other, they aren’t cooking properly and they’ve been in the oven well over 20 minutes. The tops are starting to burn but the rest just keeps expanding and melting. Pinterest fail :(

• Corinne Burgess says:

Ours did too :( they taste great they are flat though

• Ours did too…ended up adding more coconut & then cooked the rest in muffin tins. Tasted awesome but very disappointed that they were not cookies. Pain to get out of the tins too! Daughters favorite chocolate bars are Almond Joys & we cannot get them here.

37. I made these cookies exactly as the recipe reads but used non-stick aluminum foil rather than parchment paper. The cookies turned out exactly like they are pictured and taste amazing. No Pinterest fail here!

38. How do you store the almond joy cookies after baked? With the milk in them, I was wondering about refridgerating them but would it make them soggy?

39. Cherie Strickland says:

I made these according to the recipe and they turned out perfectly. At my husband’s suggestion, next time I may push a couple of whole almonds into the center of each cookie. No problem with sticking to the parchment paper or running. My guess is that people who complained of running liquid may have used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. That stuff won’t run if it’s being chased.

40. Great Recipe – Great Cookie! Even an old cowboy can make these. Just make a second batch and used Milk Chocolate Chips and a whole 6 oz can of Salted Almonds as substitutes this time… turned out Great. Thanks for the recipe.

41. Michele Wolosyn says:

I made these tonight. Used the listed ingredients and had NO problems with anything. They weren’t runny and they didn’t stick to the parchment paper at all. They are really yummy. Parchment paper and waxed paper are totally different things. I did use my Silpat mat and they were a bit harder to get off of that but both the parchment paper and the Silpat mat were ok. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

• Glad you had success Michele and you’re totally right – it’s the parchment paper or a silicone baking mat that will make these cookies just slide right off. I do prefer parchment for this particular recipe. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

42. Made these over the weekend, and they were a huge hit with my boyfriend and his family!! Per their request, I will be dropping more off today :) Super easy to make and they taste just like an almond joy! We took some with us on a weekend road trip and they were gone before we knew it! This the first recipe of yours I have tried and now I cannot wait to try more!

43. I have one big, melted together mess that won’t even come off the parchment paper….very disappointed!

44. Where can I buy sweetened coconut flakes? I have been to most food stores and can not find. Can I use shredded sweetened coconut? Thanks.

45. Have made these many times in last 3 months: THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!! One bowl, no mixer, gluten free so my gluten free friends can indulge, and sooooooo good. Thank you so much!

46. I made these today and they are amazing. I followed the recipe and it was so easy. They didn’t run or stick. I told my sister I may never eat the candy again…Sorry, I was having a crazy moment 😜😜, I’m over it now. My sister loved them because they’re gluten free, which is great for her. Thank you for the recipe, keep them coming.

47. I had MAJOR issues getting these off of the wax paper lined pan, pulled up all the paper :( disappointed…

48. I have made these three times for social gatherings. I’ve taken home an empty tray or container each time. YUM! I used Silpat instead of parchment paper to line my cookie sheet. The recipe is perfect! Thanks Trish.

49. Same issue as others. Followed recipe exactly. But wouldn’t get brown and wouldn’t come off the parchment. Taste good but can’t take to friends as planned.

50. WOW!!! These are totally AWESOME!!! Will definitely recommend these, I did not have any almonds so instead I topped them with a sprinkle of kosher salt. Simply amazing….so much so I am making another batch but this time with fewer chocolate chips…as 2 cups almost over power the coconut for me. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe

51. I have tried to make these and it looks like the milk is just running off, pooling around the cookies and making them look like saucers with a giant puff pf coconut and chocolate in the middle sticking out the top.
    What could I be doing wrong. I bake all the time and never have problems with recipes. Any ideas??

52. made these for a wedding after party. OMG……AWESOME!!!! loved by all. they were literally the easiest and fastest cookie I ever made.

53. I buy my coconut in bulk. How many cups is 14 oz of coconut?

54. Stephen Godwin Jr. says:

Hey Trish, I am making these for my mom for her birthday. What is the serving size? Thanks.

55. Amanda Roach says:

I’ve made se the few times and what I do is cut the chocolate in half, reserve it, and after they bake and cool, I drizzle melted chocolate over them and sprinkle with coarse sea salt! So good!

56. Laura Verrill says:

Is there anything I CAN substitute for the condensed milk? I can’t have whey.
    thanks,

57. I’m confused. On pinterest it says these are dairy free? But I see it has condensed milk.

58. These are DELICIOUS and super easy. My co-workers loved them and begged for the recipe. Not sure why others had issues with them not getting brown. Mine did perfectly.. It could be an oven issue I suppose. I did leave them in longer to get a little more brown.

59. These came out PERFECT! Im not sure what the complaining people did but they did SOMEthing wrong. I had no running milk nor stuck-to-the-pan-thing. Yummy yummy yummy!

60. Connie White says:

Can you make these as bars not cookies how long would you cook in a glass casserole pan

61. I saw these on Pinterest and I love almond joys so I decided to give them a try. I followed the recipe exact and popped them in the oven for 14 minutes when I checked them the were barely golden so I put them back in for another 10 minutes (in intervals) and then took them out and they were still sticky and gooey. Do you know what went wrong?

62. These are amazing! I used sweetened condensed coconut milk, but my ratios were different so the mix was too dry for the almonds, but they still turned out delicious! Then I tried adding some evaporated coconut milk, and a little coconut flour to soak up some of the excess moisture, then some almonds and a sprinkle of salt because the almonds were unsalted. Both versions were great and perfect for a dairy-free option!

63. Do you think that a tablespoon of flour might make the Almond Joy cookies less sticker to eat and firmer so they come off the pan easier? I want to make them today and before I do I wanted to ask this.

64. Rita Mermelstein says:

Hi, Trish, I just fell in love with this recipe, but I am going to have to make some changes. I am unable to eat chunk nuts, but can get away with GROUND pecans. It changes the texture, but I still get the nutty taste I crave. My other change…what on earth should I call these yummies, since they won’t have any almonds??? I was a stay at home Mom with both my kids, and like you, I enjoyed every minute of it. They are in their 40’s now, and I am a Grandma of two lovely little ladies. Thanks for the recipe. I plan to make them tomorrow!

65. Kim Cormier says:

Big epic fail. Came off the parchment no problem but we’re all pooled together. The only thing I did differently was use the low fat sweeten milk. Could this be the problem?

• Oh no Kim! Hmmm, I haven’t tried this recipe with the low fat or fat free sweetened condensed milk so I can’t say for sure one way or another. Did your “dough” look like mine did in the video? Were you able to scoop it?

66. Ahhh I’m so bummed. This is the second time I’ve tried to make these and yet again they aren’t turning out the way yours did. I ended up using unsweetened coconut and coconut sweetened condensed milk (found at Whole Foods) but just like last time, the cookies become goopy and spread out on the parchment paper. The ‘dough’ looks similar to mine, but I did have to add a little more sweetened condensed milk because the coconut version is thicker.
    They’re in the oven right now! Is there anything I can do??

• Maybe you should try using the ingredients from the recipe? I can’t ever guarantee results but you really should try the recipe as written without substitutions. I would definitely have NOT added more sweetened condensed milk – that will for sure cause spreading.

To “save” the recipe you could try adding in more dry ingredients: the coconut, almonds, or chocolate chips to help compensate for the additional SCM that you added. That being said, I’ve never baked with coconut sweetened condensed milk and so I’m not sure what effect that is having on your cookies.

Good luck!

67. How long can I store them for? I would like to make them ahead of time for xmas.

68. Loved this easy recipe!! My mom & hubby love almond joy candy so I had to try these. And of course they loved them!!! My hubby kept going for more and more until they were gone, ha! These definitely made the Christmas cookie list!!!

I followed the directions step by step and I felt your video was a great tool so thank you. For others out there having trouble make sure you use the EXACT ingredients listed, especially the condensed milk. And allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them so they will set better. These are yummy good! Thanks for sharing and happy holidays.

69. I love these cookies but making them for a Christmas cookie exchange and need to make the early do they freeze ok?
    Thanks

70. I love these cookies but making them for a Christmas cookie exchange and need to make the early do they freeze ok? I need them about 2 weeks early
    Thanks

71. Shanny Ramirez says:

Would this recipe work using a condensed coconut milk? I am gluten-free and dairy-free and would like to try it.

72. Candace L. says:

These Cookies are so easy to make and are just delicious! Just a note: I did not have luck using the parchment paper. These totally stuck to the paper. Ended up spraying sheet and doing it that way. Turned out great!

73. just got done making these, first i used a silicone pad and for some reason it was a little difficult getting them off the pad so parchment worked better, next i did bump up the almond flavor by adding a little almond flavoring to it, and I used 1 cup milk chocolate and 1 cup semi sweet chips, turned out great, will make again, exactly 12 min. for a tablespoon scoop.

74. just made these, and wow!! turned out perfect :) thanks so much for this recipe.

75. How long do you think these should last in a sealed container. Would like to make them today to send tomorrow to be opened with Christmas presents 9 days from now?

76. I am going to make these cookies for the holidays. Can I make them and freeze for a week?

77. How well do these cookies freeze??????

78. I just made these. Made mine much larger in size so I had to bake for longer, about 10 mins.

They just came out of the oven and look amazing! I hope they taste as good as they look.

79. Cookie’s came out delicious! I used dark chocolate chips that was was the only thing I changed.

80. Has anyone tried baking these in a 9×9 and cutting into small bars?

81. These look delicious–thanks so much for the recipe, Trish. I’ll be making these next week–just need to pick up some coconut.

I’m wondering if the folks who are having problems with spreading/goopiness are using 14 fluid ounces of coconut, which is a little less than 2 c.. rather than 14 oz by weight. There are definitely more than 2 c of flaked coconut in a bag that weighs 14 oz!

82. I just made these, following the recipe exactly as written. The only thing I did differently was to use silpats instead of parchment paper. They took quite a bit longer to bake in my oven, but they were absolutely amazing! My 2 youngest sons loved them and my 7 yr old is a pretty picky fella. We are definitely making these again!

83. I just made a double batch of these and they’re a mess. They are in a big puddle of condensed milk. Somebody commented that it’s 14 oz weight of coconut but the recipe says a 14 oz bag. Both batches in the garbage. Such a waste.

84. Carmen Hiney-Brasil says:

Hi Trish!
    I just made these cookies and they came out perfect! My husband, who is a chocolate,coconut, almond combination lover, loved them! And so did I and my 2 year old:)
    Thank you for the recipe and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

85. *** SIMPLE CHANGE TO HELP KEEP THEM FROM FALLING APART.****
    My wife had me gather all these ingredients yesterday so she could make these.
    But after I went out & came back, she was having a disaster. She said , they won’t hold together.
    They just crumble and fall apart when you pick them up.What am I going to do?
    So while she sat all bummed out on the sofa I went in to help salvage it.
    What I did. was I took some leftover chips. About 1/3 of a bag, together with about 3 tablespoons butter added , & slowly melt it down down. (Mixing in the butter really good stirring it until loosely creamy)
    Then I mixed it into the cookie mix THOROUGHLY.
    This will help BIND it all together.
    Using a good sized soup spoon for servings.
    THEY SHOULD BE NO BIGGER THAN A PING PING BALL
    After the servings are on the cookie sheet ( or parchment paper) use the bottom of a spoon & make an indentation into the top. Put a pinch of coconut with a cherry on top.
    Cook until the edge of the coconut & cherry just starts to turn color.
    Take them out &, but let them cool completely before removing.
    If you use parchment paper you can just slide the whole thing off the cookie sheet without the need to use a spatula while the chocolate is still soft.
    It’s the hardening of the melted chocolate when it cools that will hold them together.

I

86. I just finished making these. They really shouldn’t be called “almond” anything because the coconut overpowers the almonds.They are still delicious! Chilling is essential before shaping and baking. Remove from the baking pan instantly even if using parchment or baking sheets. Ask me how I know this. These gems are so easy to stir up, bake and enjoy!

87. I sprayed my parchment paper with cooking spray. Used a little less sweetened condensed milk. And baked at 350. Perfect!

88. i made these tonight they turned out perfectly. I added more almonds since I love them. Love how easy the recipe is and the minimal ingredients.

• Wonderful Val! Super easy!

• Mine came out wonderful! I also added a little extra almonds. I had slivered in my cupboard, lightly toasted them and broke them up a bit. Also added a little extra chocolate chips, not necessary. When I make again, and I will!, I will keep the chips to 2 cups, put a whole almond on top and drizzle with more chocolate. No problems with runny dough or sticking. I think the people who had problems used condensed and not sweetened. Thank you for the recipe!!

89. I made these exactly the way the recipe was written. I had no problems at all. The cookies just slid off the parchment paper. These are about the easiest cookies to make and they are so darn delicious. Thanks.

90. Just making these now and I’m glad I did what I normally do when trying out a new recipe – just did a few to start with to see how they baked up. Boy am I glad I did – they ran all over the place and ended up almost one big cookie! I have a feeling I know what the trouble was though – up here in Canada we have that stupid metric system so all our packaging is in grams etc – figuring out how much 7 ounces of coconut was a bit of a problem. Since I was out of coconut I decided to stir in about 1/3 cup of flour to try holding them together and that seems to be doing the trick. I just hope it tastes as good as the first test – it might be ugly but dang they are tasty!

91. I tried to make these while baking they ran all over and made one big cookie I followed the recipe as printed and don’t understand what went wrong had to throw the whole batch out. I don’t understand what Went wrong.

92. Is it ok to substitute the chocolate with coconut??
    And is it alright to use dessicated coconut ?

93. Lynn Erickson says:

Can you make these cookies using desiccated coconut and if so how many cups do you require?

Thanks for your help.

94. Flavor Queen says:

These came out beautifully. I didn’t use sweetened coconut and it was plenty sweet. Thanks for a foolproof technique.

95. Followed directions to the T…unfortunately mine did the same and it did for many others…spread completely out into a big goopy mess. I think the recipe needs more of a binder.

96. Oh wow that looks good