Calling all coconut lovers! You’ll never believe how easy these Copycat Almond Joy Candy Bars are to make at home! Dangerously easy 🙂
So last week I shared my Totally Nutty Peanut Butter Candy Bars (aka Copycat PayDay bars.) This week it’s time to go to the dark side…and by that I mean chocolate.
Except we’re not going to the dark chocolate side…rather, milk chocolate 🙂 So pay no mind to me.
Almond Joys are without a doubt one of my very favorite candy bars. There is just something about biting into that sweet milk chocolate shell and finding the coconut center that does things to me. Good things.
And then that one sweet almond just waiting to be crunched in to…
And that almond…oh the controversy surrounding it! Do you eat it by itself? Remove it and enjoy it first? Take it out and save it for last? Or should it be eaten all together with the coconut and chocolate. Decisions! Decisions!
I’ve solved that dilemma by eating three…maybe four of these candy bars. I know, I’m a total go-getter.
Copycat Almond Joy Candy Bars
- 14 oz sweetened coconut flakes 1 bag
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 20 almonds 20 to 24 - you can use raw, toasted, whatever you have
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating I used Candiquik
- Combine coconut, powdered sugar, butter, and corn syrup in mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Line large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Scoop small mounds of the coconut mixture onto the lined baking sheet and form into bars. (Wet your fingers if necessary to keep the mixture from sticking to you.)
- Press one almond into the top of each bar.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to allow the bars to harden slightly.
- Line another baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt candy coating according to package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip the candy bars into the melted chocolate and tap gently to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on lined baking sheet to harden.
If you too have a thing for coconut…
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.