Oozing with caramel goodness, and bursting with sweet apple flavor, these easy Caramel Apple Crumble Bars are the perfect way to celebrate the season!
Apple season is here and with it all things caramel apple. I am so excited to share these bars with you today. They are hands-down one of my favorite apple recipes to make during the season. There’s all kinds of short-cuts here: apple pie filling, cake mix, and caramels. But that’s kind of what makes this recipe so awesome – it’s just so easy!
These bars are s spin off from my Blackberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. I kept the oatmeal because I love the texture it adds as well as phenomenal chewiness. That’s a word right?
These bars are oozing with caramel goodness, and I’ll be honest, that’s the best part. Whether you serve these bars hot or cold, no one will be able to resist their sweet filling and crunchy crumble topping.
Also? This is one recipe that’s perfect for little helpers. Bryce mixed up the crumble topping, spread the apple filling, drizzled on the caramel and then finished off the top crumble layer. I supervised :) He could hardly wait for “his” treat to come out of the oven.
The aroma wafting through the house had us both drooling with anticipation.
This recipe is perfect for a crowd and can be whipped up in a jiffy – perfect for us busy people!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cups butter, melted
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 30 Kraft caramel squares
- 1 Tbls milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and oats in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter, stir until crumbly.
- Press down half the crumbs onto the bottom of the pan.
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl and use a knife to cut the apple pieces down to bite size.
- Carefully spread apple pie filling over the crumb crust.
- Melt caramels with milk in a microwave-safe dish on high heat for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until caramel is melted.
- Drizzle caramel over top of apple filling.
- Spread remaining crumbs over caramel and press down gently.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Eat warm or cool, cut into bars, and serve.
More caramel apple treats:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.