These Caramel Banana Nut Muffins are bound to be your new favorite breakfast treat! Pockets of sweet caramel make these muffins impossible to resist!
The boys and I are still recovering from our whirlwind vacation this past weekend. Saturday was my birthday and we decided to head down to Southern California for a little birthday fun. We celebrated at Goofy’s Kitchen for my birthday dinner, tore up the town at Knott’s Berry Farm on Sunday and finished the weekend off at Disneyland on Monday.
I don’t know that I’ll ever feel fully rested again, but, it was so SO worth it!
Apparently one of the few things I bought before we left for our mini-vacation this past weekend was bananas. Lots of bananas. And now they are all perfectly ripe and ready for banana bread – or banana muffins as the case may be.
Since it’s still in the 90s here in Sacramento (come on Fall!), I didn’t feel like running the oven for the time necessary to make banana bread – so muffins it was!
I took my favorite banana bread recipe, made a few modifications, added some caramel and voila! – Caramel Banana Nut Muffins; the boys new favorite way to enjoy bananas.
The caramel was a stroke of genius. I apparently thought the production of caramels was going to cease soon and bought out the store. I seriously have bags and bags and bags of these things. Fortunately caramel apple season is on it’s way.
I cut up the caramel squares into little pieces (about six per square) and folded it into the batter. The caramel creates these little pockets of ooey gooey creamy awesomeness that are hard to resist.
We’ve devoured half of the muffins so far but I managed to put a few away for breakfast tomorrow – can’t wait!
More Muffins To Try
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Applesauce Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
How To Make Caramel Banana Nut Muffins
Caramel Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 bananas ripe
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Kraft caramel squares cut into sixths (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or lightly grease.
- Peel and mash the bananas.
- Stir in butter,brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Combine flour and remaining dry ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon of flour mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Coat the caramel pieces with the reserved tablespoon of flour mixture
- Fold in caramel pieces and chopped pecans
- Divide batter evenly between the twelve cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for several minutes before enjoying.