These amazing Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Cookies are packed full of zucchini, carrots, oatmeal, dried cranberries, and coconut! All the good stuff!
In my seemingly never-ending attempts to creatively use our abundance of zucchini…I made zucchini cookies! Zucchini Carrot Coconut Craisin Oatmeal Cookies to be exact :) I figured since we enjoy the Chocolate Zucchini Cake so much – cookies were bound to be a hit as well! During the summer months, I make several zucchini recipes a week. Have to use up those garden zucchinis somehow! We enjoy all sorts of zucchini goodness like these Baked Zucchini Fries, that the boys love dipping in ranch, or this super easy Lemon Zucchini Cake that is so bright and fresh that it’s impossible to resist.
These are definitely cookies that I feel great about feeding the boys and I just love how much they LOVE them!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup grated zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded, sweetened, coconut
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and carrot using the smaller grate opening. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the zucchini. (I grate onto a paper towel and then use the paper towel to get rid of the excess water. Wrap the paper towel or dish cloth around the zucchini and squeeze over the sink.)
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add in sugars and beat until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat on low speed until well combined.
- Stir in oats, zucchini, carrot, coconut, and dried cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just start to turn color. Let cool on sheets for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack and ENJOY!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.