You’re going to love these Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins! Make it a meal or serve it up as an appetizer – everyone’s favorite Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches just got a makeover!
I’m sneaking one more appetizer in here before the Super Bowl 🙂 I meant to share these little bites of pure pleasure a few weeks ago, buuut we all know I’m not the most organized person ever, sooo…I’m sharing them today!
One of my very, very favorite sandwiches of all time is the Philly Cheesesteak or Philly Cheese Steak (as Google seems to prefer…) The super tender meat with all that melted cheese is pure bliss. These potato skins are a play on this iconic sandwich, incorporating all of the flavors into one tasty bite.
While these Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins may look like they’re all appetizer, they can easily be a fun weeknight dinner. A full-size Philly Cheese Steak can appear a little daunting to kids. Serving up the same flavor profile in a tasty potato skin package is perfect for small bites and small hands while still delivering BIG flavor.
When you’re at the store picking out your potatoes, try to pick out ones as close in size as possible. That way when they’re in the oven baking, they’ll all finish at the same time. Also, get the highest quality roast beef you can afford. It does make a difference 🙂
These potato skins would make the perfect appetizer for your next party!
- 6 small to medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbls butter
- 4 oz roughly chopped mushrooms
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz. very deli roast beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork 2-3 times.
- Place on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt. Rub potatoes making sure skins are covered in oil.
- Place in oven and bake until just fork tender (20-30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides, leaving a small amount of potato flesh along the edge.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and salt. Cook, stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add roast beef, steak seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place hollowed out potatoes back on the baking sheet and fill the bottoms with half of the cheese.
- Evenly divide the meat and mushroom mixture amongst the 12 potato skins.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Broil just until cheese melts. Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
More recipes to try:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.