Easy Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles are extra creamy and delicious and loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and pretzels! The ultimate sweet and salty combination!
The holidays are my favorite excuse to line our kitchen counters with every kind of treat imaginable. My boys look forward to it every year and now that they are a little older, than can help! Yay! We have so much fun making goodies for our cookie trays and holiday parties. We’ve got some yummy additions this year that I’m super excited about, especially these Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles.
My Aunt Pam makes truffles every year – dozens upon dozens of truffles that she sells to friends and family. They’re delicious. Like melt in your mouth good. They’re the traditional truffle made with different flavored liqueurs and they are just stunning.
I love the simplicity of my aunt’s truffles – easy and elegant. Just like these Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles.
I love truffles a lot and although these peanut butter pretzel truffles are nothing like the classic ganache-filled truffle, they’re sure to be a welcome addition to any entertaining you have coming up this holiday season.
This combination is so spectacular because it combines the richness of peanut butter, the creaminess of the cream cheese, the sweetness of the chocolate and the saltiness of the pretzels. I mean, WOW. What more could you ask for?
I crushed up some Rold Gold Pretzels – the sticks or tiny twists both work – and mixed them together with the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. The addition of mini chocolate chips was a spur of the moment decision and the boys were totally on board. I think it makes the center of the truffles really pop. Plus? Chocolate.
I had some extra pretzels that I used to decorate the top of the truffles, giving a clue as to what’s inside. Those, along with some crushed peanuts and chocolate sprinkles, helped take these truffles to the next level.
These fantastic candies were a breeze to make and I’m sure we’ll be making several batches in the coming months. Everybody loves a truffle!
More Christmas Candy To Try
- Christmas Peppermint Patties
- Chocolate Covered Mint Patties
- M&Ms Marshmallow Dream Bars
- Rocky Road Peanut Clusters
- Christmas Crack Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls
- Maple Nut Fudge
How to Make Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups crushed Rold Gold pretzels
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces chocolate candy coating CandiQuik, Ghirardelli melting wafers, etc.
- ¼ cup chocolate sprinkles crushed peanuts, crushed pretzels (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until nice and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in crushed pretzels and mini chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for one hour or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate, and place back on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, crushed peanuts, or crushed pretzels if desired.