Peanut Butter Balls are taken to the next level with the addition of pretzels in this easy Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls recipe.
The creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet combination is the best of all worlds. Extra delicious and loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and pretzels!
Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to share a quick and easy treat that is perfect for all the loves in your life. These Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls feature a creamy and crunchy center coated in a luscious layer of chocolate. I dare you to eat just one.
I am a huge lover of chocolates and candies and if you’ve been a reader of Mom On Timeout for any length of time, I’m sure you can attest to that fact. I love chocolate. And peanut butter. And I love them even more when they’re together. Peanut butter balls are a favorite treat of mine and I make them any chance I get. If you haven’t tried my Peanut Butter Crunch Balls recipe yet, you need to get on that. They are the most delicious peanut butter balls with rice krispies and most likely will be the last thing I eat on this earth.
Now what could be better than chocolate and peanut butter together you ask? Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels! That addition of salty and crunchy creates the most amazing combination with the peanut butter and chocolate.
These peanut butter balls are not traditional by any means. Their creamy center is a base of cream cheese and peanut butter and they are utterly delicious. Think peanut butter cheesecake with a pretzel crust.
…aaaand now I can’t stop thinking about a peanut butter cheesecake with a pretzel crust… maybe a ganache topping? Oh my gosh. Well, that has to happen now.
This combination is so spectacular because it combines the richness of peanut butter, the creaminess of the cream cheese, the sweetness of the chocolate and the saltiness of the pretzels. I mean, what more could you ask for?
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Balls
- Give your cream cheese plenty of time to come to room temperature before beating. It makes the process much easier.
- I used creamy peanut butter in this peanut butter balls recipe but crunch peanut butter would also be delicious.
- To crush the pretzels, just throw in a ziploc bag and bang it with a rolling pin. Or, you can keep the mess to a minimum and throw in your food processor and pulse until they look good.
- Top the peanut butter balls with crushed pretzels, chocolate sprinkles, and crushed peanuts or leave them just as they are – y0ur choice.
- Use these dipping tools to dip perfect balls every time. They’re a lifesaver!
How to Make Peanut Butter Balls
Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating CandiQuik, Ghirardelli melting wafers, etc.
- chocolate sprinkles crushed peanuts, crushed pretzels (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until nice and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and continue beating just until incorporated.
- Stir in powdered sugar, crushed pretzels and mini chocolate chips. (You can use your hands here to really work it all together. It's actually much faster. Likewise, you could put it all in stand mixer and mix it that way as well.)
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. (You will need to give them a good squeeze in your hand before rolling into balls.)
- Refrigerate for one hour or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips with candy coating and melt according to package directions. (30 second intervals on high, stirring in between, usually does the trick.)
- Dip balls into melted chocolate, and place back on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, crushed peanuts, or crushed pretzels if desired.
More chocolate and peanut butter recipes!
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.