If you like drinking pina coladas…you’re going to love this No Bake Pina Colada Cream Pie! It’s absolutely the EASIEST pie and it tastes amazing! This pie goes great with friends 🙂
This post is sponsored by Reddi-wip.
I don’t know about the rest of the country, but Spring has most certainly arrived here in California. Our fruit trees are in full bloom, my Hydrangeas are starting to flower, and the sun is shining…well, most of the time anyways 🙂 As Spring approaches, I find myself wanting to spend more and more time outdoors. It’s hard to stay inside when I can be out in the gorgeous weather enjoying my garden.
You know what’s better than enjoying my garden though? Enjoying it with friends. I’ve noticed that the older I get, the less time I take for my friends. Sure, I see them on Facebook, or catch them at school drop-off, but actually spending one on one quality time? Yeah, it’s not happening nearly often as I would like.
As you may have guessed, the way I show people I care is by making them something special to eat and enjoy. It’s in my blood. I decided this past week to have a special friend stop by and enjoy my blossoming garden with me and I decided to make pie 🙂 It could have just as easily been cookies or cake or even a cup of coffee, but I’d been wanting to try this particular pie for some time and now was my opportunity to see if it tasted as good in my mouth as it sounded inside my head.
You guys are well aware that I’m a coconut fanatic (I get it from my Dad) and one of my favorite flavor combinations is pineapple and coconut or pina colada. I’ve made bread, smoothie, fudge, fluff – you name it – I’ll take pina colada anyway I can get it.
Today’s pie has all the classic pina colada flavors – pineapple, coconut, and rum in the form of rum extract. Every time I open up that bottle of rum extract I think to myself, “Trish! Why are you not making more recipes with this stuff!” It’s seriously amazing. Buy some. Stat.
I am calling this pie a Pina Colada Cream Pie because it is made with cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. A can of crushed pineapple and some coconut and you’re good to go. I made my own graham cracker crust but if you’re in a pinch, a store-bought crust will do just fine.
I topped the pie with whooshes of Reddi-wip and toasted coconut. It’s truly divine. A quick whoosh of Reddi-wip has only 15 calories and is made with real cream! I was happy to send my friend home several slices of pie for her to share with others. Why? Joy is meant to be shared and the effect is catalytic. Sharing with other brings joy to you and the recipient so when they share it forward, the joy just continues to spread. It’s beautiful…and delicious! Food that tastes this good is just meant to be shared!
Pina Colada Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple very well drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a small bowl. Use a fork to combine.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8 to 9.5 inch pie pan.
- Place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream in a mixer until stiff peaks form. Remove from bowl and chill.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Beat in sugar and extracts until combined.
- Fold in whipped cream, pineapple, and coconut,.
- Spoon into prepared crust and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top with Reddi-wip and toasted coconut if desired. (Directions for toasting coconut here.)
Enjoy coconut as much as I do? Try these amazing recipes!
For all pina colada recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
This is sponsored content written by me on behalf of Reddi-wip. The opinions are all mine.