This easy Pistachio Pie recipe is a going to be hit with friends and family! Extra creamy and completely irresistible, this no bake pistachio pie recipe takes just minutes to prepare and is perfect for family gatherings, potlucks and picnics!
Pistachio Pudding Pie
If you are a fan of Watergate Salad this Pistachio Pie is going to blow your mind. This has all the same flavors and is made with pistachio pudding but is made extra creamy and delicious thanks to the addition of cream cheese. I popped it all in a Nilla Wafer crust (a graham cracker crust would be just as good!) and topped it with fresh whipped cream, maraschino cherries and chopped pistachios.
All in all, the hardest part about this recipe was making the whipped cream and as you know, that’s not hard at all.
It’s the perfect pie for summer or spring entertaining and thanks to those eye-catching red and green colors, it’s a shoe-in for Christmas parties as well. This is a pie recipe you’ll find yourself making all year long!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This easy Pistachio Pie makes the short list for desserts for these reasons:
- Seriously easy. The filling is a no bake filling that just gets mixed together. It literally doesn’t get any easier.
- Crust options. I made my own Nilla wafer crust but you could easily buy a store bought graham cracker crust that would be amazing with the filling.
- Unbelievably delicious. Between this pistachio pudding, marshmallows and pineapple, this easy pie recipe has a sweetness that kids and adults alike find irresisitble.
- No bake. Whether you don’t want to turn on your oven in the dead of summer or are simply looking to free up oven space during Christmas baking season, this pie has a place on the menu. No bake makes it so easy to make!
Plus, it’s got the added bonus of being green! I added the maraschino cherries on top for a punch of color and love how it looks. Perfect for Christmas AND summer. Winning!
What Is Pistachio Pie?
I took my Pistachio Fluff (aka Watergate Salad) and turned it into a pie. (Lots of pie recipes here!) I added some cream cheese to the mix to give the pie structure because one of my pet peeves is pies that leave a hot mess when you cut out a slice. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.
The cream cheese adds a delightful creaminess to the pie that really takes it over the top. The filling is no bake, of course (y’all know how much I love my no bake desserts) and I used my Nilla Wafer Pie Crust which can be baked or no bake, up to you. A store bought graham cracker crust would also be delish.
I used a whole can of crushed pineapple, including the juice! It adds a ton of natural sweetness to the pie that you’re going to love!
Pistachio Pie Ingredients
This simple Pistachio Pudding pie requires only a handful of ingredients and is so quick and easy to make. As always, you can find the full, printable recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need:
- cream cheese – I recommend full fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- pistachio instant pudding mix – this recipe calls for the 3.4 ounce box.
- crushed pineapple – look for the pineapple in 100% juice – not syrup. You’ll need the entire 20 ounce can.
- miniature marshmallows – use the pastel colored marshmallows for more flavor and fun.
- Cool Whip – if you don’t want to use frozen whipped topping, simple use one cup of heavy whipping cream and whip it to stiff peaks.
- prepared pie crust – any pie crust will work. I used my Nilla Wafer Pie Crust and I think a graham cracker crust would be my second choice.
Grab a store bought graham cracker pie crust to make this recipe even easier!
- heavy whipping cream – this is to make a batch of whipped cream.
- powdered sugar – to sweeten the whipped cream.
- chopped pistachios – optional garnish but I love the added crunch.
- maraschino cherries – for a beautiful pop of color.
How To Make Pistachio Pie
- Beat softened cream cheese and pudding mix together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in crushed pineapple including the juice.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Fold in Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Spoon filling into pie crust.
- Chill for at least two hours
- Serve and enjoy.
Garnish The Pie
- Beat whipped cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe on to the top of the pie using desired piping tip.
- Add maraschino cherries and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
I decorated the pie with some whipped cream, chopped pistachios and maraschino cherries but you can leave it plain if you’d like. But, given that the pie itself is so easy, I think you’ll find it worth your time to add a little flair to the top.
Pie can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up 2 days. Pie can be frozen but freeze without whipped cream topping for best results. To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil before transferring to a freezer safe, ziploc bag.
- Try a different flavor pudding for an entirely new pie! This recipe will work with any pudding recipe (just make sure it’s the same size box).
- Choose a graham cracker crust or traditional pie crust for a fun twist.
- Use the pastel marshmallows for a fun pop of color and flavor.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
More Delicious Pie Recipes
- Key Lime Pie
- Mini Apple Pies
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Peach Blueberry Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Brown Sugar Pecan Pie
How To Make Pistachio Pie
Easy Pistachio Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3.4 ounces package pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple including juice (in 100% juice, not syrup)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- prepared pie crust I used my Nilla Wafer Pie Crust, graham cracker crust would also work
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pudding mix together until light and fluffy.8 ounces cream cheese, 3.4 ounces package pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- Beat in crushed pineapple including juice.20 ounces crushed pineapple
- Stir in marshmallows.1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Fold in Cool Whip or whipped cream.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Spoon filling into cooled pie crust and chill for at least two hours.prepared pie crust
- Beat whipped cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.1 cup heavy whipping cream, ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pipe on to the top of the pie.
- Add maraschino cherries and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.½ cup chopped pistachios, maraschino cherries
Originally published November 25, 2017.