This easy Pistachio Pie recipe is a going to be hit with friends and family this holiday season!
Extra creamy and completely irresistible, this no bake pistachio pie recipe takes just minutes to prepare! Make sure to add it to your menu this year!
This post is sponsored by Dole.
I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is on it’s way… This year has just flown by! Not that I’m complaining. I love this time of year and I’m already planning the most wonderful holiday season evah for my family – starting this past week with a trip to Disneyland!
It was a little crazy going to Disneyland during one of the busiest weeks of the year, buuuut Reece is in 6th grade now and I would feel really guilty pulling him out of school to take him on vacation. So we braved the crowds, ate Thanksgiving dinner at Goofy’s kitchen, and wore tank tops for a week.
It was 92F on Thanksgiving day. Yikes!
I’ve been slowly sneaking in Christmas decorations for the past few weeks hoping Chris wouldn’t notice. He has a strict “no Christmas until after Thanksgiving” policy that I do my best to abide by – most of the time 🙂 Now that Thanksgiving is over, I’m ALL IN.
I’ve already got a kids party in the works (we try to do one each year with easy Christmas crafts and cookies and such) and basically every weekend day until Christmas is already accounted for. The menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas day are about seventy percent completed and this easy Pistachio Pie just made the list for two very important reasons:
- Ohmygosh is it EASY.
- It’s unbelievably delicious – as in my kids were basically drooling over their piece when it came time to taste test.
Plus? It’s got the added bonus of being green 🙂 I added the maraschino cherries on top for a punch of color and love how it looks. Perfect for Christmas AND summer. Winning!
So here’s what I did… I took my Pistachio Fluff recipe (aka Watergate Salad) and turned it into a pie. (Lots of pie recipes here!) I added some cream cheese to the mix to give the pie structure because one of my pet peeves is pies that leave a hot mess when you cut out a slice. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.
The cream cheese adds a delightful creaminess to the pie that really takes it over the top. The filling is no bake, of course (y’all know how much I love my no bake goodies), and I used my Nilla Wafer Pie Crust which can be baked or no bake, up to you. A store bought graham cracker crust would also be delish.
I used a whole can of Dole Crushed Pineapple – the full 20 ounces INCLUDING the juice! It adds a ton of natural sweetness to the pie that you’re going to love!
I decorated the pie with some whipped cream, chopped pistachios and maraschino cherries but you can leave it plain if you’d like. But, given that the pie itself is so easy, I think you’ll find it worth your time to add a little flair to the top 🙂
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
How to Make Pistachio Pie
Easy Pistachio Pie
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3.4 oz package pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 20 oz can Dole crushed pineapple including juice
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 8 oz container Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks
- prepared pie crust I used my Nilla Wafer Pie Crust, graham cracker crust would also work
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pudding mix together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in crushed pineapple including juice.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Fold in Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Spoon filling into cooled pie crust and chill for at least two hours.
- Beat whipped cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe on to the top of the pie.
- Add maraschino cherries and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
More delicious pineapple recipes!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Dole has provided me with the products used within this project. I was compensated for this blog post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!