These Lemon Cookies are perfect for a party! Super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients! Lemon zest and lemon juice give these amazing cookies a bright, bold flavor that’s impossible to resist! Love lemon treats? Make sure to try my Lemon Blueberry Scones and Lemon Zucchini Cake!
Nobody loves an easy recipe more than I do. I rely on them daily. Whether it’s breakfast, dinner, or dessert, I like to have an arsenal of easy recipes at the ready for those days when time is in short supply. Now that I think of it, that may be every day…
I almost added white chocolate chips to these soft lemon cookies. White chocolate and lemon are made for each other after all. I left them out though because I want you to try these cookies on their own first.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Lemon Cookies
For this easy recipe, you need just 5 ingredients.
1. Lemon cake mix – I use the cake mix with the pudding inside.
2. Cool Whip
4. Lemon – you’ll need the lemon zest and juice from the lemon
5. Powdered Sugar – this is what gives these lemon cookies that cool, cracked top.
The BEST Lemon Cookies EVER
Bold lemon flavor, a beautifully soft interior, and a powdered sugar-coated exterior make these lemon cookies total showstoppers. And you’re going to love how few ingredients they take too! Now, this easy recipe can be adapted with other flavors of cake mix – strawberry, spice, carrot cake. The options are truly endless!
This recipe calls for a lemon cake mix and you’re going to want to buy one that has pudding in the mix – makes these lemon cookies extra moist and delicious! Unlike many of my cake mix cookie recipes, I didn’t use cream cheese. Instead, I used Cool Whip. Yep. Cool Whip.
Cake mix, cool whip, and an egg. I upped the lemon factor by adding in some lemon zest and fresh lemon juice – fantastic!
The cookie dough is scooped and then rolled in powdered sugar before being baked – this is what gives them that gorgeous cracked top. So festive and fun! Just look at them!
My boys find these easy cookies entirely irresistible!
Favorite Lemon Desserts
I am such a big fan of lemon desserts. That sweet and tart combo is something I find irresisitble. If you love lemon desserts too, make sure to check out some of my favorites!
- Lemon Drop Bars
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cream Pie
- Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
- Lemon Strawberry Trifle
How To Make Lemon Cookies
Lemon Cookies known as Lemon Whippersnaps
- 15 oz package lemon cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, Cool Whip, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Drop cookie dough into the powdered sugar and roll to thoroughly coat.
- Place on the parchment-lined cooke sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
More cookies to try!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.