Delicious Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are guaranteed to be a new favorite! Soft and chewy with amazing flavor thanks to the browned butter!
Love cookies? Make sure to try my Whipped Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
If you haven’t jumped on the brown butter bandwagon yet…let these cookies be your first experience. I guarantee you won’t want to jump back off…EVER. I was going through my swag bag from the Blogger Refresh Retreat that I was at last week (more coming on that later!) and the macadamia nuts from Diamond Nuts of California caught my eye.
It occurred to me that I had never posted a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe on my blog and that now was as good as time as any. As I was searching through my cookie recipes looking for a good jumping off point, I stumbled across my Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies and was immediately overcome with a deep and overwhelming desire for something, anything, brown butter. #brownbutterallthethings
Why not the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I was already planning on making? Heaven sent you guys. Really. I ate a dozen by myself and had to start giving them away before my lack of willpower got the best of me.
Alright, it already got the best of me. But I digress.
We all know and love the traditional combination of white chocolate and macadamia nuts. They were born for each other, for sure. The brown butter nuttiness and richness gives these cookies so much extra depth and dimension that it’s guaranteed to have your mouth watering within seconds. I made these cookies extra buttery and delightful so that every little nibble is full of incredible flavor.
Don’t get all scared off because you need to brown the butter. It’s super simple to do and that little extra step is SO worth it for these cookies!
More Cookie Recipes
- Cookie Empanadas
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Kolaczki (Polish Cookies)
- Coconut Macaroons
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Almond Joy Cookies – Just 4 Ingredients!
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
How To Make Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chip
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. The butter will start to foam and then start browning. You will be able to smell a nutty aroma when it's ready. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add in extracts and eggs and continue mixing until well combined.
- Combine flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and use a fork to stir together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop out cookie dough, about 2 to 3 tablespoons each, and place on parchment-line cookie sheet.
- Baked for 11-13 minutes or until just a hint of browning starts. Cookies may appear under baked but don't worry. Let sit on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I made the cookies today. Half with macadamia nuts and half with black walnuts. Both delicious, but th4 black walnuts Knock it out of the park, try it. Great cookie recipe.
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Oooh! I will definitely give that a try Rudy!
Thank you for such an amazing recipe. I made these for my co-workers and everyone enjoyed them. They remind me so much of my childhood and getting treated to a cookie at the mall. Thanks again!
Laura M says
Trish, I tried browning the butter, but wasn’t successful at all. It never browned. Was it because I was using a non-stick pan? Non-the-less, the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies were OUTSTANDING. Absolutely delicious and a hit with my church group!! Thank you for sharing,
I used a non stick pan it just took a little longer than usual to brown..quite awhile after the foaming stage
Food recipes says
Your Chocolate Cookies , Looks yummy…im gonna buy those ingredients so i can make it tonight.. Thanks Trish 😀
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Wonderful! I hope you enjoy the cookies!
love all your great recipes! I have a question, how do I unsubscribe at one of my emails as I’ve now signed up with an email that I have strictly for food??
Wow! I totally want to make these right now! I love any kind of macadamia nut cookie. I think these need to be added to my repertoire immediately!