These outrageous Chocolate Chip Turtle Pudding Cookies are how I’m choosing to celebrate my birthday today! Loaded with chocolate chips, pecans, and caramel, these giant, bakery style cookies will steal the show! Extra chewy and packed with flavor!
Today is my birthday and while I would normally celebrate with cake, Bryce has been crazy sick this past week with a virus that just.won’t.stop. I didn’t have time to whip up a cake (or even head to the store to buy one…) but cookies, cookies I could do 🙂
You’ll notice that I don’t chop up my pecans into tiny little pieces. I left them nice and chunky for the cookies because that’s how I like it and gosh darnit it’s my BIRTHDAY. #queenofeverythingtoday
This recipe yields the most amazing cookie dough ever and if these cookies don’t make you moan and groan with delight…I don’t know what will!
These cookies are perfect for any day you want to celebrate: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, you get the idea 🙂
Bryce was down for the count for about three hours so when the dough had chilled enough, I even made a little video!
Trust me on this, a plate of these cookies is sure to make your day a little sweeter…
Go bake a batch today!
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- ¾ c unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup roughly chopped pecan halves
- ¾ cup caramel bits
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Set aside.
- Beat melted butter with sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla and then add in the egg and egg yolk and continue beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and caramel bits.
- Scoop out about ¼ cup of dough and form into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate.
- Continue until all dough has been used.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Space cookies about 3 inches apart on a parchment line baking sheet and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- The cookies are done when the edges are golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving. Store in an airtight container.
More of my favorite cookies:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.