Nothing says summer like corn on the cob! This Grilled Corn with Herb Butter is sure to be a delightful addition to your summer entertaining menu. So easy to prepare and always a big hit with friends and family!
Corn is one of those super versatile ingredients that can be used in a variety of recipes: dips, bread, salads, casseroles, soups, and more! I have to say that I love it straight off the cob the best. Especially when it’s grilled!
Corn on the cob is Reece’s favorite thing in the whole world. He can easily eat two or three ears on his own without slowing down one bit. It’s adorable. And I feel quite lucky that here in Sacramento, we’re surrounded by corn fields and are spoiled with the sweetest, freshest corn ever.
Grilled corn is a total step up from just boiling corn. It adds a whole new level of flavor and adding flavored butter to it – well, let’s just say it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Grilling corn is easier than you might think and takes no more than 25 minutes for perfectly tender corn straight off the grill. I’ve topped this particular grilled corn with an herb butter made with butter, salt, pepper, paprika, and fresh parsley. You can really use any herbs you have on hand…I just happen to have a huge patch of parsley growing in my back yard that I’m constantly trying to use.
I love how the parsley tastes with the corn – so fresh! (This is also one of my favorite herb butter recipes to put on steak so if you’re grilling steaks too – make extra!)
The first thing you will need to do is remove the silks from the corn. Simply pull the husks back and gently pull out the silks. Replace the husks around the corn. I like to remove about half of the husks so that small patches of the corn itself is exposed to the grill – that’s how you get those nice grill marks and lovely charred flavor.
The corn doesn’t need to be soaked or anything. It’s going to go directly onto the grill at medium-high heat. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes per side until the husks are nicely charred and the corn is tender.
Remove from the grill and carefully remove the husks. Put the herb butter on right away so it has a chance to melt into the corn and really add some delicious flavor.
Grilled corn is a great addition to any meal but is especially awesome for summer gatherings. I love using my grill for more than just the entree – keeps the heat outdoors which is essential here in Sacramento. It’s SO hot! Corn really goes with everything though so don’t wait too long to enjoy this easy recipe!
Grilled Corn with Herb Butter
- 6 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Carefully peel back the husk and gently pull out the silks.Replace the husks around the corn. Remove about half of the husks leaving small areas of the corn revealed. This lets the corn get nicely charred in some spots.
- Grill for 8 to 12 minutes per side until the husks are charred and the corn is tender.
- Remove corn from the grill and carefully remove the charred husks.
- Liberally spread the herb butter over the fresh corn. Serve hot. Use corn on the cob holders for easier eating.
More summer favorites!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.