Step by step instructions for the perfect easy White Chocolate Covered Pretzels!
Learn how to get perfectly dipped pretzels every time! Decorate with your favorite sprinkles and candies for a holiday treat everyone will love!
Here we are halfway to Christmas and I am beginning to feel the panic setting in. I haven’t done nearly half of what I want to accomplish this holiday season and the time is passing all too quickly. For some ridiculous reason, my boys aren’t getting out of school until the Friday before Christmas. They actually go to school that Friday. So I basically have Saturday to fit in all the cookie making, gingerbread house decorating, movie watching, Christmas song singing, last minute wrapping and let’s not forget the holiday cheer that needs to happen prior to Christmas.
Our schedules are so busy what with swim practices, homework, quarter 4 work for me as a blogger, that it’s tough to fit the “fun” in during the week. Chris and I had a little chat this past weekend after attending a concert at our church and vowed to really dig into Christmas this week.
We’re having the boys shower 30 minutes early so we can all snuggle in front of the Christmas tree and read Christmas stories. We each pick one and read aloud to the family. Just this little act has me feeling like we’re slowing down and taking it all in.
I handed the boys a couple cookbooks and I’m going to let them each pick 2 recipes that they want to make where I’m not trying to photograph or customize the recipe <– harder than you might think lol!
As I mentioned in Saturday’s post, where I shared an easy recipe for Penuche (aka brown sugar fudge), I know that you all are probably looking for easier and simpler recipes as we get closer and closer to Christmas.
Today I am sharing one such recipe that while incredibly simple, tends to be the highlight of every cookie tray. White Chocolate Dipped Pretzels area personal favorite of mine – salty, sweet, and crunch, they have the quintessential treat trifecta. True perfection.
They are incredibly simple to make at home with just three main ingredients.
Pretzel Dipping Tips
- Use a proper dipping tool like the one shown above. I prefer the three pronged tool from this set for really easy dipping. It allows you to easily scraped off the excess as well.
- Miniature twists or rods work best but you can certainly use any pretzel you like
- You will need almond bark or candy coating such a Ghirardelli or CandiQuik. You can choose white or dark chocolate.
- Sprinkles are your friend. Go crazy here. The more the merrier: crushed candy canes, jimmies, snowflakes, every sprinkle you can imagine – it all works.
Chocolate dipped pretzels make a wonderful gift! Just package in a cute tin or cellophane bag. I love adding the pretzels to my holiday cookie trays because they are so bright and festive!
- 100 miniature pretzels (or 50 pretzel rods)
- 16 oz candy coating or melting chocolate wafers such as Ghiradelli or CandiQuik
- sprinkles, candies, crushed candy canes, etc.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set out your sprinkles, toppings, and candies that you plan on using to decorate the pretzels.
- Melt the almond bark/chocolate/candy coating according to the package directions.
- Use the pronged dipping tool to dip the bottom of each pretzel into the melted chocolate.
- Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each pretzel and gently tap the tool until the excess chocolate has dripped off.
- Scrape the bottom of the tool against the bowl before gently placing the pretzel on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on desired toppings. Let sit until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
More fun holiday treats!
For all Christmas recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!