These delicious cheddar rolls are so easy to prepare and require no kneading! You’re going to love the super-cheesy taste that goes perfectly with any meal! Love rolls? Make sure to try our favorite Dinner Rolls and Homemade Crescent Rolls too!
If there’s two things that go together as well as bread and butter I’m pretty sure it would have to be bread and cheese. I mean, you’ve heard of the grilled cheese sandwich right??
This awesome recipe wraps up those two fabulous flavors into a sweet little package that’s perfect with practically any meal. The rolls are also terrific by themselves – no butter needed! That is, unless you LOVE butter and just NEED to have some on your rolls. If that’s the case, I’m totally feeling you. If you happen to have a few leftover – these rolls make killer sandwich buns – slider size of course!
This recipe is super quick to pull together and although it does require rising, there is basically about five minutes of work needed to whip up a batch. That’s just about how much time I have to invest in it as well so that works for me 🙂
This recipe makes twelve to fifteen nice-sized buns which works out pretty perfectly for our family. Now, if you’re making these for a big event like say Christmas or Thanksgiving – you’re gonna want to double or triple this recipe. These rolls are always a hit!
More Homemade Bread Recipes
- Homemade Cornbread
- Easy Homemade Cinnamon Bread
- The BEST Dinner Rolls
- The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
How To Make Cheddar Rolls
Easy No-Knead Cheddar Rolls
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl,
- Heat milk and butter to 120 degrees in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add milk and butter to dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and add remain flour 1/4 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch dough down and shape into 12-15 balls.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover and let rise until doubled in size again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush rolls with egg white.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!