These delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls take just under an hour to make and are most definitely worth the effort!
I have always been a fan of sweet rolls in the morning – particularly cinnamon rolls. I think it’s because the very best days in my life started with cinnamon rolls, courtesy of my mom. Christmas, birthdays, and other special occasions were marked with my mom rising at the crack of dawn to get the cinnamon rolls going.
As I’ve got older, and consequently more tired, I find myself wondering how on earth she managed to do it all – with 5 kids no less! I can hardly make it through the day with two!
I’ve learned to be smarter like making overnight cinnamon rolls or just accepting the fact that S’mores cinnamon rolls are perfectly acceptable to eat at night time. Today I’m sharing a sweet roll recipe that takes just about an hour to make and are totally swoon worthy as well as time-saving.
I’ve always loved hazelnuts and am completely addicted to a certain hazelnut chocolate spread. I simply couldn’t resist the idea of pairing it with my favorite International Delight Hazelnut flavored coffee creamer and good thing I didn’t – these rolls are insanely delicious!
The creamer makes it’s way into the dough as well as the glaze creating a depth of hazelnut flavor throughout.
The dough comes together super fast and is easy to handle which makes creating these spiral nests a snap. After a quick rise, a small indentation is made in the center of the rolls – much like you would for a thumbprint cookie.
Your favorite hazelnut chocolate spread is then spooned into the indentation. Total yum factor here.
Pop them in the oven while you make up the hazelnut glaze. By this time, you should definitely be smelling the hazelnut aroma wafting out from your oven.
A quick little drizzle, or A LOT of drizzle if you’re like Bryce, and these rolls are ready to be devoured.
Quick enough for a weekend breakfast or brunch and perfectly acceptable as an afternoon treat – these sweet rolls need to make it onto your menu SOON!
Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 cup International Delight's Hazelnut Creamer
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 12 tsp hazelnut chocolate spread
- 2 tbsp butter melted (for brushing rolls)
- 1 tbsp International Delight's Hazelnut Creamer 1 to 2 tbsp
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Heat creamer and water to 110º to 120ºF.
- Mix together creamer, water, sugar and yeast in a mixer bowl. Let stand for five minutes until nice and foamy.
- Stir in egg.
- Mix in one cup flour and salt and mix until smooth.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Continue adding the remaining 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time until dough is soft and smooth.
- Switch to the dough hook and knead for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into a 13-15 inch rope and loosely coil creating a nest. Pinch ends together to seal.
- Place rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Use the back of a spoon to make indentations in the center of the rolls.
- Fill with 1 teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Brush rolls with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until very lightly golden brown.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and creamer.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of rolls.
- Serve immediately.
More of our favorite treats:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Make sure you connect with International Delight!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.