Satisfy those chocolate cravings and beat the heat with this totally decadent Turtle Brownie Ice Cream – no machine needed!
It’s summer time and here in Sacramento that means 100+ temps. With it that hot outside, it’s time for cool treats like this Turtle Brownie Ice Cream. Trust me, it’s going to be a new favorite.
This past week was a whirlwind of activity. The boys were in VBS all week, my brother’s birthday was Wednesday, I had a girls night out on Saturday, and Chris’s birthday was Sunday. And, of course, the World Cup is going on and we are BIG soccer fans.
With all the activity and fabulous summer weather it was the perfect time to whip up a batch of treats for the family.
You know how sometimes you just really want cookies, or maybe cake, or pie? Well, this past week it was brownies. Ooey, gooey, rich, yummy brownies. But not just brownies…no! It’s hot here in Sacramento people! We needed Turtle Brownie Ice Cream to satisfy our brownie cravings and to beat the heat at the same time.
This delicious ice cream is packed with all of your favorite turtle flavors – caramel, pecans, and chocolate.
For the brownies I took the easy route and used a boxed mix. I dressed it up with some toasted pecans and was carefully not to over bake. Super important. You want these brownies on the chewy side for sure!
I used my favorite “magic” ice cream recipe which creates the creamiest, yummiest ice cream EVER. Just whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. Plus, of course, lots of extra yummy ingredients.
I love that I can make this ice cream in about 5 minutes, pop it in the freezer and have it ready to pull out when it starts to get blazing hot in the afternoon. My boys literally can’t get enough of it and I find it pretty irresistible myself 🙂
So, the next time you’ve got a brownie craving and it’s nice and hot outside – treat your family to this magical ice cream!
- 1 box of brownie mix (plus ingredients called for on box)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup hot fudge topping (I used Hershey's)
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Toppings: chopped pecans, caramel topping, hot fudge topping (optional)
- Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions. Fold in ½ cup chopped pecans. Bake as directed.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut half of brownies into small pieces or chunks and reserve remaining brownies for tomorrow's dessert.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until peaks form.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Transfer half of mixture to a freezer-safe container that has a lid.
- Stir hot fudge topping until nice and loose. Avoid heating the topping unless necessary and then allow to cool before using.
- Drizzle one-quarter cup of hot fudge topping and one-quarter cup of caramel topping on top of ice cream mixture.
- Sprinkle on half of the brownie chunks.
- Carefully pour the last half of the ice cream mixture into container.
- Drizzle remaining caramel and hot fudge topping on top and sprinkle with remaining brownie pieces.
- Use a knife to swirl into ice cream.
- Place lid on container and freeze until it reaches ice cream consistency.
- Serve ice cream topped with additional hot fudge topping, caramel topping and chopped pecans if desired.
More of our favorite treats:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.