Chocolate Caramel and Strawberry Napoleons are perfectly elegant and take less than 20 minutes to prepare!
I’m all about easy. You guys have probably figured that out by now 🙂 I feel like I’m always running short on time and honestly, that’s how I like it. I like being busy. I like having stuff to do. Sure, I get exhausted sometimes and burnt out but that’s okay. Those are the times when I take a break and catch my breath and then jump right back in.
This past week was one of those weeks when I just needed a break. I left early last Thursday for a seriously long drive down to Palm Desert to attend my Aunt’s funeral.
It was a long, emotional few days that brought back so many memories of my own mom. I was hurting so bad for my cousins and commiserating and crying right along with them.
I needed a few days to kind of regroup and get happy again. The boys are out of school next week and the days are packed with swim practices, meets, and end-of-the-year festivities.
It’s hard to stay sad. And for that I’m thankful.
Today I’m jumping in with these gorgeous Chocolate Caramel and Strawberry Napoleons. Perfectly elegant, these desserts are a breeze to make and will have your guests and family duly impressed with your kitchen prowess.
Frozen puff pastry is the magic behind this beautiful dessert. Filled with a creamy, chocolate caramel pudding made with Greek yogurt and layered with fresh strawberries – this dessert will be remembered for months to come.
An impressive drizzle of chocolate and caramel and a light sprinkling of powdered sugar (totally optional) and you’ve got dessert done – in just about 20 minutes. Not bad, right?
Totally works for this busy mom.
So just a quick tip regarding puff pastry. It’s super important that you let it completely thaw before working with it. Otherwise you’ll end up with broken puff pastry and, well, that’s just not as fun 🙂
You need just one sheet of pastry for twelve napoleons. Roll it out and then cut it in half. Then cut each half in half and then cut the entire sheet into thirds. Does that make sense? If not, just refer to the picture below. Just remember you want twelve 4″x 3″ sections. Easy peasy.
After the puff pastry is baked and all golden and beautiful, let it cool while you whip together the pudding and get the strawberries sliced.
Assembly is a breeze and can be made even easier by spooning the pudding into a ziploc bag and piping the filling onto the pastry. Less messy fo’ sho’.
The pudding is pretty much the best part. I used Hershey’s Special Dark instant pudding mix and International Delight Chocolate Caramel Creamer for maximum chocolate flavor.
See? Sooo good.
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan out of your favorite recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery Shopping List.
Chocolate Caramel and Strawberry Napoleons
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup International Delight Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Creamer
- 2 cups Greek yogurt I used plain but vanilla would also be good
- 7.8 oz instant chocolate pudding 2 packages - I used Hershey's Special Dark
- 12 strawberries sliced
- Hershey's caramel ice cream topping optional
- Hershey's hot fudge ice cream topping optional
- powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry into (12) 4"x3" rectangles. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
- Whisk together milk, creamer and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Whisk in pudding mix until smooth. (I used my stand mixer.)
- Let set up in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a ziploc bag.
- Split each pastry in half.
- Cut tip off of pudding bag and pipe pudding onto the bottom half of each pastry.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Place top half of each pastry on top of the strawberries.
- Stir toppings until nice and smooth, heating and cooling if necessary.
- Use a fork or spoon to drizzle on top of each napoleon.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Connect with International Delight!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.