Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread is perfect anytime! Incredibly moist and delicious – this is one recipe you’re going to want to try!
A couple of days ago I was cleaning up the kitchen when I saw it. A huge pile of super-ripe bananas just sitting there. Looking so sad, so unused, so unloved. Right that second I resolved to use them for good. Reece happened to be hanging out with me and saw me eyeing those bananas and asked “Does this mean we get to make banana bread today?”
Righty-o my son!
I tell you. This kid gets so excited over banana bread. I personally think it’s his love of smashing the bananas but he sure does a stellar job in the eating banana bread department as well 🙂
We got right to work and after a few suggestions ended up with Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread. A thing of great beauty my friends and tastes even better. Reece could hardly wait for this bread to finish baking. I could hardly blame it – it smells AMAZING while it’s baking! He kept asking me…
How much longer? How many more minutes? Was it done yet?
Apparently it’s been long enough that Reece forgot that it takes an hour to bake and then of course, requires a cooling off period. Yeah. Reece wasn’t feeling that.
This bread was sliced almost straight out of the oven and I have to say, good call on that Reece. This banana bread is so incredibly moist and delicious and just perfectly sweet.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed bananas - approximately 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini grated
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Drain the grated zucchini on paper towels. Wrap the zucchini in the paper towels and twist and squeeze to get rid of all that extra moisture.
- Cream brown sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Peel and mash the bananas. Stir into the mixture.
- Stir in grated zucchini.
- Combine dry ingredients and and add to the wet ingredients stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
I’m sure you’re well aware by now that I LOVE baking with zucchini! It’s one of my favorite ingredients to use during the summer and I want it to be yours too 🙂 Check out these zucchini recipes:
I’m not the only one loving zucchini – check out these recipes from friends:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.