This easy Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels Recipe is the ultimate appetizer with just four ingredients! This delicious pinwheel recipe has the perfect balance of flavors and textures that will have everyone reaching for more. A guaranteed crowd pleaser that is sure to impress!
Looking for more hot appetizers to serve to friends and family? This Spinach Artichoke Dip, Baked Bacon Cheese Dip and Ham and Cheese Sliders are all great options!
Whether you’re looking to round out your game day menu or just looking for a quick and tasty snack, these Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels are sure to hit the spot! This easy recipe is the perfect example of how a few awesome ingredients can come together to create something extraordinary. Made with just four ingredients: refrigerated crescent dough, cream cheese spread, cheddar cheese and bacon, this easy pinwheels recipe is the perfect addition to any party or game day menu.
These yummy pinwheels are truly the perfect blend of salty, savory, and cheesy flavors, all wrapped up in a flaky and buttery crescent dough package. The best part? They are so quick and easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time. Prepped and ready to pop in the oven in less than 10 minutes, this is one appetizer that is an easy and delicious option for any occasion.
Try making this Air Fryer Bacon or Baked Bacon to make clean up a breeze!
More Crescent Roll Recipes
One of our favorite shortcut ingredients, refrigerated crescent rolls make a tasty base for a wide range of recipes. Here are a few of our favorites:
This delicious pinwheels recipe is so addicting and will instantly become a staple in your home. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
- crescent dough – I used Pillsbury brand for this recipe. This dough is the base of the recipe and gives these pinwheels their buttery, flaky texture and flavor. I like to use crescent dough sheets but if you can’t find it, use regular crescent roll dough and pinch the seams together well.
- chive and onion cream cheese spread – I use this flavor a lot in our house so it was an easy choice for this recipe. The onion and chive flavor perfectly complements the bacon and cheese. If you can’t find this flavor, swap in vegetable or even plain cream cheese spread.
- cheddar cheese – I recommend buying a block of cheese and shredding it yourself so that it melts smoothly. Pre-shredded cheese won’t melt as nicely.
- bacon – The crispy bacon adds a smoky, salty flavor and provides a crunchy texture to the pinwheels.
Freshly chopped parsley, chives or green onions is a delicious way to finish off these pinwheels. That splash of color looks gorgeous and also adds a bit of freshness to this recipe.
Cheddar cheese is a favorite for this pinwheels recipe but feel free to use another type of cheese such as pepper jack, mozzarella, monterey jack, etc.
How To Make Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
These Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels are the perfect snack for any occasion. With their delicious combination of flaky crescent dough, creamy cream cheese spread, melted cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon, they are sure to be a hit with everyone.
- Prep. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Unroll the sheet of crescent dough onto the prepared baking sheet and stretch it slightly without splitting it. (If you bought regular crescent dough, just pinch the seams together.)
- Add cheese and bacon. Spread the cream cheese evenly over the dough. Next, sprinkle shredded cheese and crumbled bacon over the top of the cream cheese.
- Roll and cut. Cut the sheet in half (refer to the image below) and roll each half, starting from the bottom, making sure to roll it tightly. Pinch the edges of the dough together just like you would a cinnamon roll. Cut into ½ inch thick spirals and carefully place on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake and serve. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped parsley, chives or green onions.
These pinwheels are best served hot out of the oven however if you happen to have any leftovers, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place in a 350°F oven or air fryer for 6 to 8 minutes.
Yes, although I do recommend making and serving them the same day. You can make the pinwheels a day or two ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make to keep them tightly covered.
Yes, simply omit the bacon. You can also swap in turkey bacon for the regular bacon.
I love cheddar cheese in this recipe but any flavor of cheese will work so use your favorite
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
- Roll the crescent dough tightly to prevent the cheese and bacon from spilling out.
- If you want the pinwheels to be extra crispy, try brushing them with melted butter before baking.
- Be gentle with the crescent dough and don’t stretch it too thin. It is easy to crack or break the dough if you are rough with it and then your filling will fall out. If you do have a crack or split you can pinch it gently back together.
- If you are worried that they aren’t cooked inside but the outside is browning too much you can cover the rolls with aluminum foil for the remainder of their cooking time.
- Swap out the cream cheese spread for your favorite flavored cream cheese.
- Switch out or add your favorite cheese and add extra bacon.
- Sprinkle in some crumbled sausage, diced ham or minced pepperoni for a tasty twist.
They pinwheels are also a great option for brunches, potlucks, or picnics. If you’re taking them to an event, it’s a good idea to place them on a large platter and wrap them in foil to keep them warm until you’re ready to serve. Additionally, you can also prepare the pinwheels ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to bake them. Simply place them on a baking sheet and allow them to come to room temperature before baking.
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
How To Make This Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels Recipe
Cheddar Bacon Pinwheels Recipe
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dough sheet works best
- ¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese spread or another flavor or plain
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped green onions or chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Unroll the sheet of crescent dough onto the prepared baking sheet and stretch it slightly without splitting it. (If you bought regular crescent dough, just pinch the seams together.)8 ounces refrigerated crescent dough
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the dough. Sprinkle shredded cheese and crumbled bacon over the cream cheese.¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese spread, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 6 slices bacon
- Cut the sheet in half (refer to image in post if necessary) and roll each half, starting from the bottom and rolling tightly. Pinch the dough together just like you would a cinnamon roll.
- Cut into ½ inch thick spirals and carefully place on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped parsley or green onions.chopped green onions or chopped parsley
Leave a Reply