This easy Pizza Dip is the perfect cheesy appetizer for your next party! This hot pepperoni pizza dip recipe is so easy to make and tastes like a pizza without the crust! Serve with your choice of dippers for a delicious appetizer everyone will love. Perfect for parties, game days and more!
Love easy appetizers? Try these Stuffed Mushrooms, Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels and this gorgeous Charcuterie Board!
Pizza Dip Recipe
One of our favorite menus to plan is for big game day celebrations. We take our appetizers very seriously and like to have a combination of hot and cold appetizers for every party. We have several appetizers that our constantly being requested and this easy hot dip is one of them.
This easy pizza dip is a favorite with kids and adults alike and can be made with so many fun variations. We most often stick to the pepperoni version because it’s always a hit but try adding your favorite pizza toppings to really personalize this recipe.
Why I Love This Dip
Kids love it, adults love it and I love it because it’s so easy to make! It uses ingredients I keep on hand and takes just minutes to prep and assemble. If you’re a fan of easy, delicious appetizers like I am then you’re not going to want to miss this recipe!
- Quick and easy to assemble. This dip take hardly any time to assemble and then it just gets popped into the oven. You can even assemble the dip ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. Let the dish stand at room temperature while the oven is preheating and you will need to add several minutes to the baking time.
- Fantastic flavor. This recipe delivers hot pizza flavor in a fun dip package – it’s the best!
- Great for parties. Hot dips are perfect for parties and game day celebrations. This recipe can easily be double or tripled for a crowd – just use a larger baking dish!
- A hit with kids and adults. I’m frequently entertaining for families which means that I need appetizers that work for all generations. This pizza dip is so delicious that it appeals to all ages.
This easy pizza dip is one of our favorite game day menu items. Here are some more of our favorite appetizers to serve at parties:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Veggie Crescent Bites
- Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Jalapeño Popper Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- Spicy Ranch Crackers
Looking for more pizza inspired game day eats? Check out my Pepperoni Pizza Football Cheese Ball and Pepperoni Pizza Twists!
What You’ll Need
Only a few simple ingredients are required for this easy hot dip recipe! As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
- cream cheese – you’ll want to make sure your cream cheese is fully softened so it combines with the other ingredients and spreads easily. I do recommend full fat cream cheese.
- sour cream – or plain greek yogurt or even mayonnaise will work in this recipe.
- Italian seasoning – I use this ingredient twice in this recipe for really great flavor. Use homemade Italian seasoning or store bought.
- pizza sauce – you can also use your favorite marinara sauce in this recipe.
- mozzarella cheese – I highly recommend using block cheese that you shred yourself for the best meltability.
- Pepperoni slices – you can use regular sized pepperoni or mini pepperonis
- Parmesan cheese – either fresh or jarred cheese will work.
Serve this dip with crackers, corn chips, tortilla chips, crostini, garlic bread, or vegetables.
How To Make Pizza Dip Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and Italian seasoning. Spread into the dish.
- Top with the pizza sauce (or marinara sauce if you are using that).
- Add the mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. If you prefer, you can broil the dip for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese slightly.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm with your choice of dippers
If your pepperoni is greasy after baking you can use a paper towel to gently blot the pepperoni and soak up the grease.
Store any leftover Pizza Dip tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
You can reheat this dip either in the microwave or the oven on low heat. If reheating in the oven I recommend heating at 325°F and covering with foil or an oven-safe lid to prevent the cheese from over-browning.
You can add any toppings to this dip that you enjoy on your pizza. Cooked sausage, black olives, peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, ground beef, or even pineapple are all great options.
I don’t recommend it. Freezing dairy can be tricky and the texture will not be ideal.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
This recipe is delicious and easy but check out my favorite tips and tricks for more information for the best results:
- Use room temperature cream cheese that is in block from, not a tub, for the best results.
- Make sure to use a good quality pizza sauce or make your own for the best flavor.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings for even more flavor. Try Italian sausage, mushrooms, peppers, etc.
More Appetizers You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Pico de Gallo
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Charcuterie Board
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls
How To Make Pizza Dip
Pizza Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (226 grams)
- ⅔ cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt or mayonnaise (164 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce (256 grams)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese about 2 cups, divided (226 grams)
- 15 Pepperoni slices you'll need more if you're using the mini Pepperoni
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate or 7 x 11 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning. Spread the mixture into the prepared pie plate.8 ounces cream cheese, ⅔ cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Top the cream cheese mixture with the pizza sauce (or marinara sauce if you are using that).1 cup pizza sauce
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce and top with your desired amount of pepperoni slices.8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, 15 Pepperoni slices
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. If you prefer, you can broil the dip for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese slightly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Serve warm with your choice of dippers.
Storage Information: Store any leftover Pizza Dip tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing this dip. You can reheat this dip either in the microwave or the oven on low heat. If reheating in the oven I recommend heating at 325°F and covering with foil or an oven-safe lid to prevent the cheese from over-browning.
Leave a Reply