Veggie Crescent Bites are a delightfully light appetizer that everyone will enjoy! Full of flavor and crunch – these little bites are sure to please!
I love sharing recipes from my family and this one comes from my Aunt Lana. She caters weddings and other parties and she always seems to have the most incredible recipes up her sleeve. I was first introduced to a version of this recipe probably 7 or 8 years ago at a party for my cousin.
At first glance, I was blown away by how colorful and just gosh-darned beautiful this little appetizer was. But I figured I probably wouldn’t be that into it. I mean, it’s just veggies after all. I was SO wrong!
The spread is made with sour cream and cream cheese and any type of fresh or dried herbs you have on hand. I used fresh chives and dill for this version and it was mouth-watering good.
Any veggies you like can be thrown into this recipe. I usually see what looks good at the Farmer’s Market and go from there. I do like to include red, yellow, and orange bell peppers each time because I think the colors are so vibrant and the peppers are nice and crunchy and sweet. I used broccoli and cucumber for some vibrant green hues and then sprinkled the whole thing with more fresh chives.
I served this at a party a few weeks ago and it was gone so fast – you wouldn’t believe it! It’s so funny because people always think, “Oh. Here, let me have some vegetables so I can feel good about what I’m eating.” Then they try it and it’s like an epiphany – SO GOOD!
I use a pizza cutter or a large knife to cut these bites down to size and throw them on some white platters that really show off all the beautiful colors. Trust me, serve this at your next get-together this summer and watch them disappear 🙂
How To Make Veggie Crescent Bites
Veggie Crescent Bites
- 8 oz Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 1 can reduced-fat
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream light
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup chopped assorted veggies broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green onion, cucumber
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill, and chives. Let chill.
- Remove crescent rolls from can and roll out just so all the pieces are sticking together. You want one large sheet so pinch together any seams that are not staying together.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Spread chilled cream cheese mixture onto cooled crescent roll sheet.
- Top with fresh veggies and additional chives if desired.
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut down to appetizer size pieces and serve.
- Can be refrigerated for up to an hour before serving.
More of our favorite recipes:
For all apple recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.