This easy Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole is the breakfast of your dreams! Just 5 minutes of assembly and you’re ready to pop it in the oven. Breakfast has never been this delicious! Love breakfast as much as we do? Try these favorites too: Lemon Blueberry Scones, Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies, and Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins!
French Toast Casserole
I swear this will be my last cherry recipe for awhile, like, pinky promise it’s the last one. I’m the first to admit I’m addicted to all things cherry. Especially cherry for breakfast like this Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole.
My boys are big time breakfast eaters. They get that from me. Chris could take it or leave it but me and the boys – we want something goooood, every morning. Of course they have their favorites like sausage gravy and biscuits (which I swear I make at least once a week) and they are HUGE fans of these blueberry breakfast parfait pops (popsicles for breakfast? yes please!).
But every now and then I’m able to tempt them with something new and fabulous and a brand new favorite is added to the list.
Last year I shared this Overnight Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole which will rock your world, promise. The thing is, we just love cherry cheesecake so why not turn that into a fantastic French toast casserole as well?? Duh!
I love this recipe because it’s so easy, a kid can make it. It takes a handful of ingredients and the flavors are AMAZING.
What You Need To Make French Toast Casserole
You’ll find all the usual ingredients here that you would expect to see with French Toast plus a few more to make this a cherry cheesecake French Toast Casserole:
- French baguette or batard
- cream cheese
- cherry pie filling
- half and half
- maple syrup (the real stuff!)
- vanilla extract
Now the fun part is you can totally customize this easy breakfast casserole recipe by simply changing out the pie filling flavor. Like go with apple or peach if you prefer!
This recipe takes five minutes to pull together – tops. An hour in the oven and your entire family will be treated to the most amazing breakfast EVER.
Sweet and delicious this french toast is baked with maple syrup inside but it’s totally up to you if you want to drizzle a little more on. I, who happen to have a very BIG sweet tooth, think it tastes better without.
I really do hope you give this recipe a try – and soon! It quickly became a favorite with us and makes an appearance regularly. We love it for special holidays like Christmas and Easter but also love to make it on the weekends. So yummy you guys!
More Breakfast Favorites To Try
- Baked Bacon
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Homemade Biscuits
- Sausage and Egg Hash Brown Cups
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
How To Make Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole
Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast
- 12 oz French baguette cut into 1-inch cubes, about 5 cups
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 20 cubes
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup maple syrup the real stuff!
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the cream cheese cubes on top of the bread.
- Spoon half of the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining half of the bread cubes.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (eggs, milk, half and half, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla).
- Pour over the top of the bread layer.
- Spoon the remaining pie filling over the top and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Let french toast sit while the oven is preheating, allowing the bread to absorb some of the egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving with additional maple syrup if desired.
Originally published February 12, 2015.
Breakfast is served!
For all of breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.