There’s no reason to stand around flipping pancakes when you can make an Oven-Baked Blueberry Skillet Pancake! Finally, families can eat pancakes together – at the same time!
I can vividly remember the five of us kids sitting at the table waiting for our turn for pancakes. My mom would be standing in front of the griddle, furiously pouring, flipping, and plating while we impatiently waited for our first pancake…and then seconds, maybe thirds.
My mom would sit down to the table to eat after all of us had been fed, finally getting a chance to enjoy her meal…long after the first child had finished eating.
If only we would have know about skillet pancakes back then. Granted, with our large family, two or three skillets might have been necessary 🙂 But, at least we could have all eaten breakfast together!
We are definitely partial to blueberry pancakes – there is just something about that pop of blueberry in your mouth that is so totally satisfying. I added some of my favorite flavors to our regular recipe and trust me, this one is a winner.
The trick to a successful skillet pancake is letting your skillet “preheat” in the oven. A swirl of butter keeps the pancake from sticking and turns it to golden brown perfection.
Warm cinnamon and vibrant orange zest really wake up this pancake and make it something special. Handfuls of blueberries get plopped right on top before the skillet is transferred back to the oven.
Roughly 25 minutes later and you’re looking at something like this…
Give it just a few minutes to cool before sprinkling on powdered sugar and additional orange zest if desired. I can’t resist that pop of color.
Cut into wedges and serve. Since my boys would look at me askance for the rest of the day, I serve their pancake “wedges” with maple syrup as well. Nothing wrong with that! .
If you’ve never made skillet pancakes before, this is the one you’re going to want to start with – so incredibly delicious, breakfast just doesn’t get any easier!
Blueberry Skillet Pancake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 12" oven-safe skillet in oven.
- Whisk together flour, 4 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and orange zest in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Removed skillet from the oven and add the remaining tablespoon of butter, swirling the skillet to coat the pan.
- Pour in the batter and smooth.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining teaspoon of sugar over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.
More breakfast favorites:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.