These Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings! Extra-healthy and totally delicious, it’s the perfect excuse to eat dessert for breakfast! Make sure to try out some of our other favorite breakfasts like these Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes and these Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins.
Sometimes we want breakfast for dinner and sometimes we want dessert for breakfast. Who am I to argue? These cookies are my solution to busy mornings and trust me on this, it’s a winner.
I find myself struggling to get back into the groove of things after our winter break. Every morning seems rushed and I barely have the time to pack the boy’s lunches before it’s time to get out the door.
Breakfast has definitely been put on the back burner, and I’m not talking about pancakes people.
Enter these outrageously awesome Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies because if we could all have our way, cookies are the best way to start our day! I added all kinds of tasty ingredients to these cookies to make them extra filling and delicious: wheat germ, oats, cranberries, almonds, peanut butter, and cinnamon.
The cookies are also made with half all purpose flour and half wheat. (You could use all AP flour if you prefer.) I used Challenge Butter because it is made with 100% real cream. The cows that produce this milk are not treated with the growth hormone rbST. It’s a butter that I feel good about feeding to my family and is the perfect addition to these healthy breakfast cookies.
Feel free to change the add-ins to create your new favorite breakfast cookie. I love cranberries and almonds together but there are so many different variations to try. When you’re short on time, these Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies are what you want on hand, and trust me, your kids will thank you!
How to Make Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies
Cranberry Almond Breakfast Cookies
- ½ cup Challenge Butter softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Cream softened butter, peanut butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flours, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until completely combined. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and scoop out cookie dough using a cookie scoop and place 1-inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies slightly or form into discs. (The cookies will not flatten on their own while baking.)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Original recipe published January 12, 2016, updated February 26, 2018.
More great breakfast recipes!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Challenge Butter. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you to my readers for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!